The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Chubster's Show (Sal's performance) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Greetings Everyone,

Just want to share this video of mine performing Interactive Magic at a school show last February. It combines magic, comedy and a bit of ventriloquism. Btw, any comments be it positive or negative will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for watching and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNdMagtq94w

The Chubster
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I had to bail out at the 4 minute mark, sorry.

I have hearing loss and the sound quality was hurting my hearing. That's why I bailed.

I will suggest having your mic hooked directly into the camera. The sound will be better. Also (I know it was comedy, and you might not have really need one...but) Try to invest in a hand held mic, on a mic stand. Since you have a head-set, you'll be able to have something for your guests to speak into, thus better for the audience. Even though you might not always need it, it's something that is good to have available, for when the time comes.

Clean stage, good.
Clean character, good.
Nice way with the kids, good. (although I will say that sometimes you have to think on the fly. I didn't see how it turned out, but I would have changed the handing of the wand. I would have tried everything possible to get the little girl to open up. (again, I didn't see the whole clip)

Over all from what I did see, it looked okay to me.

Thanks for sharing.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Good job my friend. The little girl was very shy indeed but I was happy to see her open up a bit towards the end. That alone is special and I am sure those who know the lil girl would have appreciated it. I think the camera man or the guy in charge of the switcher was a bit trigger happy....the result .... he missed some magical moments. Take the final change from the black and white polka to pink....

Great to see you share some of your videos Chubster. I am so proud and honored to be your colleague and friend.

Tell the little Chubster that Uncle Rannie will be waiting at the Tavern for more sessions and lessons.

rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Well thought out routine. I really enjoyed it (which is surprising to me since I am often really critical towards children's magicians).
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for the comments, I appreciate it a lot! Too bad you were not able to finish the entire video...

Chubster

Rannie,

Thanks a lot for you comment. I appreciate it a lot! Yes, some of the magical moments were not captured because of the camera switcher... There were concentrating more on the kids reaction...

Chubster

Bill,

Thanks a lot for your comment. I appreciate it a lot!

Chubster
Adam Milestone
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Adam Milestone
Sal,

I think you did the best that anyone could do given the circumstances and shyness of the girl. You were able to get her to participate even though she was extremely shy which is a credit to your performance skills as I've seen performers completely bomb with a shy child. Your stage presence and character was also very good. IMHO a wireless mic is the best choice as headsets mar facial features and expressions and mic stands prohibit movement which I believe to be essential to a good stage performance. If you chose to go wireless and don't use your own sound system for every show, then I would suggest buying some adapters as well so that you can use any sound system.

Adam

Day 5
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it a lot!

Yup, getting that little shy girl to participate was indeed a great challenge for me. Good thing I got away with it. The cool part is, after the show the parents came up to me saying that I was the only person who was able to convince her child to go up on stage and participate. They were very thankful...

Sal / Chubster
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Hello Chubster,

Thanks for sharing. I always learn a thing or two from watching your performance.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Chubster's Show (Sal's performance) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL