The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Helder Guimaraes releases card Magic DVD! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Nope, it is a "follow the leader" routine and a triumph/color changing deck routine. These are the two bonuses. So there are nine routine all together on the dvd. Cheers,

Bill
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2140 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I agree with the sentiments posted above by Bugjack and Michael. It was one heck of a great lecture. Helder certainly has excellent chops, and a wonderful brain for routining. Every move is motivated, and his magic is clear, direct, and powerful.

I picked up both the lecture notes and DVD, but haven't had time to sit down and go over either. Once I do, I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and post some thoughts.

Based on what he covered in the lecture though, I'm sure the DVD will be great!
Kevin Reylek
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 15:32, billmonroe wrote:
Nope, it is a "follow the leader" routine and a triumph/color changing deck routine. These are the two bonuses. So there are nine routine all together on the dvd. Cheers,

Bill

Thanks, appreciate it. But nine routines? You've got the five listed above plus the two you added... are there two more?
simonlebon
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of simonlebon
Could you tell me if he use somes special cards gaffs?which one?

thank you for your help
simon
belgium
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
These are the seven and in addition, there are two bonus routines:

1. Crime Card Trick
2. Blank Deck Routine
3. Invisible Thread Routine
4. S(h)ocking
5. Oil & Water
6. Out of this Water
7. Visual Triathlon

Bonus:
8. "Follow the Leader" type effect
9. Triumph/Color changing deck routine

I hope this helps. Cheers,

Bill
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thank you!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Are the bonus routines explained or performance only?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
The bonus routines are explained. I have to say that this is one of the best produced dvds and the format is great. Helder explained at his lecture that he studied theater for 3 years and I have to say it is evident through the production piece that is this dvd. I encourage you to get it if you already have not, and I was over excited as the tricks that were not explained and performed at his lecture, were even better than the effects he lectured on. Congrats Helder on a fantastic lecture and a even better dvd!

Cheers!

Michael

:bluebikes:
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
I'm a tad disappointed to hear that his excellent sandwich routine won't be on this DVD =\
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Is the sandwich routine the "crime card trick"? I seem to recall that patter being used at the lecture.
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Yes, the crime card trick is a sandwich routine. Very nice one too, I might add. Cheers,

Bill
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Here you can see Helder in a magic TV program that was aired in my country some time ago. He performs the "Crime Card Trick" along with his brilliant version of the Invisible Deck.

The only problem being that it's in Spanish (well, actually, a mix of Portuguese and Spanish), but nothing's perfect Smile.

Hope you enjoy it, guys.
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Hello folks,

I got the dvd and I can tell you that you should buy it as soon as you can.
Smooth card magic, new moves, good routines.

The only problem is that I found one bonus :-(

I can't find the other one (shame on me).

Can somedody help me ? or PM me ?

Thank a lot.
rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
That sandwich routine of Helders is beautiful.
Great construction,great effect

John Carey
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1169 Posts

Profile of Salby
I, too, can only find his 2nd Bonus effect (Triumph). Can someone PM me to help me find his 1st Bonus effect?

I like this DVD, but many of the effects need a special card. This isn't much of my style to keep special cards on me. However, the effects are SPELL-BOUNDING!!!
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
I'd like to ask how much of this material can be adapted so as to be used without a table.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2499 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Have not found any easter eggs but (am terrible at finding) them. Can anyone PM or post publicly as I don't see what is being tipped. Thanks
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1804 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
"Have not found any easter eggs but (am terrible at finding) them. Can anyone PM or post publicly as I don't see what is being tipped. Thanks"

There was one on each sub menu. The first was on extras when you chose to play all extras and I just skipped to next chapter. The second was easier. It was on the page where the webpage adds were. Just press up on the remote controller and it shows arrow to the right, press right and it shows arrow down and press down and vola, it shows "BONUS" that you can activate. Or... Browse disc with computer and find em easier.

I have agree with most said here. Its obious that Helder is very talented with cards but I have no intention of using any of the routines either. Some are little gaffed or some are just too moovy to my taste and in some cases I allready have better versions of the routines in my repertoire. Still I would give the disc 3/5.

J-M
manolo
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of manolo
The best DVD of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Helder Guimaraes releases card Magic DVD! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL