The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tip over vanish - harmful to doves? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Hi guys,
I'm new to dove magic so I want to be sure I'm not harming my doves. I'm reading books and watching dvds but I find it a bit hard to understand what I can and what I cannot do with a dove and in which position it can stay. I was given a tip over vanish box, but I wonder if it's painful for the birds because the panel where they are hidden will turn 180 degrees. Same is for the vanishing box, when you remove the lid with the dove hidden inside I must turn it 180 degrees in order for the public not to see the hidden load.
Is it Ok for doves to go through this?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5019 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Magicodine, if you do the tip over vanish correctly, the panel with the doves does not spin around. The hinges on the top of the box should be toward the rear. As you turn the box forward, the top simply drops and hangs in the front. It actually only rotates 45 degrees which isn't a problem. I'm not familiar with what you are calling the vanishing box unless you mean a tear apart type of box. If that is what you have, then when you lift the lid you can either turn it diagonally which really only tips the load a little (but it does take a lot of practice to get the turn right so the audience doesn't see it) or you can hand the pieces to an assistant or stack them on stand or table hiding the load.

Hope that helps.
Where the magic begins
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Correct David,the panel with the dove don't spin around if you do in the right manner. I use this aparatus a lot in the past, now I don't use it because this give me a problem of angles in kids shows situation but in theater or stage I use it, better if you load the non gimmiked part of the box with confetti or a white silk.
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
I see... it came without instructin sheet so I don't really know hot it works. good that I asked you before trying it with a live animal... I'm not sure I understood how to move it but tomorrow I'll give it a try.

yeah I meant a tear apart box.

thank you so much for your help!!!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5019 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The tip over box is a simple prop to use. If you look at the box, you'll see the top and bottom are hinged to the box. To start, make sure the hinges are toward the rear as it sits on the table. You lift the lid and put your dove inside. Now pick up the box with a finger in each of the holes on the sides. Now just rotate the box forward using your fingers as an axle. The top and bottom will open leaving you with the frame of the box for the audience to look through.

For the tear apart box, you'll have to describe which type you have. Some are solid panels with the load in the top while others have paper over the panels and usually the load is on the back of the front panel.
Where the magic begins
Magic1962
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Magic1962
I have used the tip over vanish for years, I tried the MAK see through tip over and didn't like how *hard* the gimmick was.... not like the cloth.... the tip over vanish and the bengal net/ appearing doves in net were the two first dove vanish and production I did when I was in middle school.... MANY years ago... Dave
magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Thanks for your help guys!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tip over vanish - harmful to doves? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL