The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Svengalic Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I have had this deck for sometime but have rarely used it. The reason why I don't use it anymore is because other christians have never seen a Gospel deck of cards before and always want to see them. Not because they want to see if the deck is rigged, but because of their curiosity of never seeing one before. It makes it hard to tell them no because then they get suspicious. I have been searching to see if Dock Haley has ever put out a non Gospel Svengali deck, but have not been able to find one anywhere. Without switching the deck, this deck has become absolutely useless for the reason I stated above. Any suggestions?
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Try Magic Creations new flash card decks...they have regular and Svengali decks. Along with other types...I don't see a need where you would have to have a gospel deck...I bought 6 sets of cards plus Svengali...
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks Terry!

I have no problem using regular decks. I originally bought them for the novelty of having a Gospel Deck. However, they create way too much curiosity. I thought if they made a regular Gospel Deck I'd be able to switch decks. I'll take a look at the flash card deck. Thanks again!

Hey, anyone want to buy a Gospel Svengalic Deck of cards? Real cheap.(just kidding)
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I just go into detail showing them the cards and explaining their meanings while casually riffling through the deck in one direction telling them how they are a great tool for sharing the Gospel. This is a good time to point out the line through the middle and explain that, although a lot of people think you just flip the deck over (flip it over)the cards are all the same on top and bottom.

You can then go into tricks and when you do the change to all Jesus cards they are really shocked. I was a little disappointed with the deck at first, but have found that it is a pretty cool tool.

I like to do one "prediction" of the "King of Hearts" and then do an incorrect prediction, but don't let them tell me the actual card. Something along the lines of:"You have the red Ten Commandments!" When they say no, you can ask, "You've never read the Ten Commandments?" etc, etc...I then pull out my Eternal Assurance Policy and share (or show them how you could, if your spectator is Christian)the Gospel and do the fun reveal of their card at the end. This is where I show them I tricked them and all the cards are the same!

I was having some of the exact same thoughts as you, Dan, but I've found the deck can work if you experiment. As to the "can I see that?" question, I was just reading in the beginners thread (since I'm a beginner! Smile ) that "No." is a great answer! Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Great idea Preston! Thanks for the suggestion.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2008-04-10 07:33, Terry Owens wrote:
Try Magic Creations new flash card decks...

A slight correction... The new flash card decks are actually from Creative Magic, and can be found at http://www.creativemagic.net

RevJohn
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hay Preston,

That's a cool line.... "You've never read (RED) the Ten (10) Commandments?"!
Can I use it?

Nice routine.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Ha! Of course! You can really play it up.

"Let's see...you have red.....red...the Ten Commandments!"

"No?! You've never read the Ten Commandments?!"

Goofy, fun and effective!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Svengalic Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL