The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultragaff Deck from Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
thefliss
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of thefliss
And what's with all of the 3DVD sets? Is there something inherently more attractive to 3 than 2 or 4?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ah, the power of 3. We use it on audiences, no reason it shouldn't be used on us.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 14:50, Tim Jahn wrote:
But this? Its the same two guys. Unless theres a butt-load of content,
Why?

I love Danny's stuff and Wayne as well.
Tim

I thought, at one time, Justin Miller was also in on this project. That might be the third, but they do not mention Justin in their advert.

Phil
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
No I was not part of this project.

Now onto the cards. I have a deck, and I will tell you this the moment I got mine I was INSTANTLY IMPRESSED with what D:G and W:H came up with. These are REAL worker routines and they are the most unique gaff cards that have ever come out of a printing company. I have no ties with E anymore so I am not an E boy here to stir you guys up. THE truth is that these cards are something special and the magic that will be created with these cards will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for your on-looking audiences.

Justin N. Miller

THIS message will not self-destruct in 10 minutes but will be stored in the Café data base till a time they see fit or a hacker does his/her thing,either way it is copyrighted.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 20:18, Merlin wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 14:50, Tim Jahn wrote:
But this? Its the same two guys. Unless theres a butt-load of content,
Why?

I love Danny's stuff and Wayne as well.
Tim

I thought, at one time, Justin Miller was also in on this project. That might be the third, but they do not mention Justin in their advert.

Phil

Well... In my opinion the loops DVDs didn't warrant a three disk release either.
You can't tell me that loops could not have fit on a single release.

It just happened that there where three magicians ..so it fit.
And it fit E's marketing plans quite nicely I'm sure.

With this, There are only two people and they are on each disk together.
So.. the splitting up seems to be financially motivated. Unless..As I said before..Theres a lot of content.

I like the way the cards look. Just looking a the pics. online is giving me a few ideas. Like I said, I'd love to get the cards...The DVDs, Not so much.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Like many others we say we hate Ellusionist.com but we just need every effect that comes there way...I think the cards look good especially the color changing card routine they have...Personally I think the price is high because of the VH1 magic reallity show...its' going to be Ellusionist this and Ellusionist that...and they either want the laymen to spend money on easier less expensive effects then the more technical stuff which will turn a newbie off and never buy from Ellusionist again because its pricey and too difficult...I think I'll wait until the dvd's are posted on the Café at a resonable price.....i'm surprised Ellusionist didn't give the Café a special deal but that's neither here or there....

Junior
J Rodriguez
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
I really don't think that the guys over at E like the café to well.
No opinions are really suppressed here and they don't really like that.
E wants to turn the whole world on to their site. Layman and magician alike, The money spends the same.

But all this is WAY off subject. Lets just talk about the deck and DVDs.
Myself I think I'll wait until a few people review all of this.
You never know... It might be a really great package. Of course...the opposite could be true as well.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 15:46, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Ah, the power of 3. We use it on audiences, no reason it shouldn't be used on us.

SO TRUE
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I thought the Loops 3 DVD set was worth the money. I always thought Brad and his guys have done good work and have out out quality products.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I didn't. they could have put all the stuff on one dvd and charged 30 - 40 but instead made it a set.

some of the material was very very redundant
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thank God we have a place like the Café. I will wait to read the reviews. However, this will mean that I will miss my chance to get an uncut sheet autographed by DG & WH, or a autographed deck of cards as a bonus for anyone who orders within an hour of the official release date. (plug, plug,) lol

Does anyone know if that's gauranteed, or if you just have a chance if you order within the hour?
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
It is just a "chance", so you might get an uncut sheet, a signed deck or nothing extra at all. Wonder which is most likely?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Yay!(lol) I think I'll probally pass on this one. I'm not a big fan of those kind of marketing tactics. Plus, I already have a few gaffed decks from ellusionist(shame on me) and don't ever use them. They are nice to look at though.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-04-14 17:19, Gospel Dan wrote:
Thank God we have a place like the Café. I will wait to read the reviews. However, this will mean that I will miss my chance to get an uncut sheet autographed by DG & WH, or a autographed deck of cards as a bonus for anyone who orders within an hour of the official release date. (plug, plug,) lol

Does anyone know if that's gauranteed, or if you just have a chance if you order within the hour?

I would say just a chance.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
There is just a chance.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
My guess is if you truly want a sheet or signed deck go ahead and buy the full set. I don't see that many people jumping for the full set based on the price and previous products put out by E.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-04-14 16:26, Joshua Barrett wrote:
I didn't. they could have put all the stuff on one dvd and charged 30 - 40 but instead made it a set.

some of the material was very very redundant

AMEN!!!
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2008-04-14 21:39, kiss_bpp wrote:
My guess is if you truly want a sheet or signed deck go ahead and buy the full set. I don't see that many people jumping for the full set based on the price and previous products put out by E.

No, thanks(lol) I was only joking about wanting an autographed deck or uncut sheet. I agree with you, I don't see too many people jumping on it for the chance of it. I'm curious to see the total length of all 3 DVD's, and if there is any real justification for having three DVD's or if it's just taking advantage of people with a quick cash grab. I think that's why they are having the 1 hour bonus thing. To get as many sales as possible before the reviews are in.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Newb2
I chuckled when I saw the Linking card effect using the gaffed card. Pretty creative thinking on that Paul Harris plot!
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
Apparently they are having technical difficulties on the website
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultragaff Deck from Ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL