The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultragaff Deck from Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
I wonder if it was another marketing ploy or true legit issues. I personally do want to pick up the deck but the $90 for the videos is a joke. I will have plenty of fun making up my own stuff with these. Alike the previously gaffed decks they put out.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
I like some of the stuff ellusionist has put out..but I feel like they are gouging with 90 bucks for 3 dvds
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
Looks like they are going to start the promotion again today...im still out until the price gets better
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Yeah me too. I'll buy a few books.

The whole "Site problem due to OVERWHELMING response" thing seems kind of far fetched. Not a few hours after this "Supposedly" went down I had a e-mail from E complete with graphics and links about the new release date and all the details.
That was pretty fast Huh?

Even if it did happen it was probably due to the system having a bug in checkout for the new item. Not "OVERWHELMING" response.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
If you look at the effects listing on each dvd, one dvd only has 5 effects taught. All 3 dvd's cover 20 total effects. I honestly think that this could have been broken down into a 2 dvd set with Wayne teaching his effects on one and Danny teaching his on another.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
My guess is that in a couple of months they will run a special with the 3 dvd set much cheaper...
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
I wonder if ellusionist is having any problems today
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Yay, lack of buyers willing to pay $90.00 US. In Canadian currency I think that works out to $300.00.(lol) (:
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Quote:
On 2008-04-16 10:30, Tim Jahn wrote:

The whole "Site problem due to OVERWHELMING response" thing seems kind of far fetched. Not a few hours after this "Supposedly" went down I had a e-mail from E complete with graphics and links about the new release date and all the details.

Even if it did happen it was probably due to the system having a bug in checkout for the new item. Not "OVERWHELMING" response.

Tim

My thoughts exactly... To be honest, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Note how that an enormous email post was sent out following the alleged problem. Using such terms as 'server overload' ' sheer weight of customers'. Smile
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola, FL
269 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
How does this compare with Sankey's Hypervisual gaffs?
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 05:27, Chappo wrote:
Quote:

Tim

My thoughts exactly... To be honest, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Note how that an enormous email post was sent out following the alleged problem. Using such terms as 'server overload' ' sheer weight of customers'. Smile

They seemed to have everything ready to go huh. There hasn't been that quick a response by anyone since the cops surrounded Lee Harvey Oswald in the movie theater.
E's kind of losing it from where I'm sitting. They lost most of their big names and now seem to think that MTV is the best answer. I really like a lot of the stuff that E has put out in the past. I haven't seen Brad in anything for quite a while. Those older DVDs are what made E great.

I just looked through all the pages on E's site. The deal that they are offering is that you get the deck free if you buy all three DVDs. Funny that that wasn't mentioned before either. The deck by itself is $30.00. I might pick up the deck later. Unless the reviews are absolutely stellar for the DVDs I don't think I'll pick them up. You never know though, They may be really good. Time will tell.
Another thing that I don't understand is, Why no download? They offer almost everything they have as a download. Heck they practically pioneered downloads for the magic community. And now they suddenly stop? Why?

Weird stuff.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 10:34, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tim

They seemed to have everything ready to go huh. There hasn't been that quick a response by anyone since the cops surrounded Lee Harvey Oswald in the movie theater.
E's kind of losing it from where I'm sitting. They lost most of their big names and now seem to think that MTV is the best answer. I really like a lot of the stuff that E has put out in the past. I haven't seen Brad in anything for quite a while. Those older DVDs are what made E great.

I just looked through all the pages on E's site. The deal that they are offering is that you get the deck free if you buy all three DVDs. Funny that that wasn't mentioned before either. The deck by itself is $30.00. I might pick up the deck later. Unless the reviews are absolutely stellar for the DVDs I don't think I'll pick them up. You never know though, They may be really good. Time will tell.
Another thing that I don't understand is, Why no download? They offer almost everything they have as a download. Heck they practically pioneered downloads for the magic community. And now they suddenly stop? Why?

Weird stuff.

Tim

Actually, the free deck if you buy all 3 dvd has been around from the start. But realistically, I believe Ellusionist knows that they would only get ~20 dollars per dvd if even that. So, the package for all 3 includes the 3 dvds for 20 bucks each along with the deck for the full price of 30 dollars. BUT, for people that buy the deck separately and then later on decide they would like to purchase the dvds, they have to pay the increased price of 30 dollars for each dvd.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
I like the dvds Crash Course 1 and 2 and think they are worth the 29 dollar price tag. I know that these guys do this for a living so I value their work...but for me the price is too high currently...who knows what will happen in the future...besides..i probably couldn't do the tricks anyway:)
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 10:59, Newb2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 10:34, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tim

Weird stuff.

Tim

Actually, the free deck if you buy all 3 dvd has been around from the start. But realistically, I believe Ellusionist knows that they would only get ~20 dollars per dvd if even that. So, the package for all 3 includes the 3 dvds for 20 bucks each along with the deck for the full price of 30 dollars. BUT, for people that buy the deck separately and then later on decide they would like to purchase the dvds, they have to pay the increased price of 30 dollars for each dvd.

Thanks for clearing that up about the free deck being avalable from the start. I honestly had not heard about it until the release. Sorry for the error.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Doesn't FREE mean legally as "without obligation to buy or purchase anything"? Many years ago I worked for a marketing company who got a call from the BBB in regards to the sale pitch staff were using. "If you purchase this today, you will receive this absolutely free!" The BBB had received complaints so they contacted our manager to inform them that the legal definition for "Free" is without obligation to buy or purchase anything. This was about 20 years ago. I have seen so much advertising using the word free that it has always made me wonder if our company was the only company ever picked on for that.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 13:19, Gospel Dan wrote:
Doesn't FREE mean legally as "without obligation to buy or purchase anything"? Many years ago I worked for a marketing company who got a call from the BBB in regards to the sale pitch staff were using. "If you purchase this today, you will receive this absolutely free!" The BBB had received complaints so they contacted our manager to inform them that the legal definition for "Free" is without obligation to buy or purchase anything. This was about 20 years ago. I have seen so much advertising using the word free that it has always made me wonder if our company was the only company ever picked on for that.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, is without legal obligation...including death.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2119 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Don't grocery stores do that all the time? "Buy one, get one free" You can't just go in and grab a free one. I guess that could also be marketed as "50% off", but I see signs all the time for "buy one, get one free"

I suppose that free can be a condition of purchase. This certainly isn't the first time or company to offer a promotion like this.
Kevin Reylek
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I realize that guys.(lol) I see it all the time as well. I just thought I would bring up something that happened to us several years ago. It was strange at the time, and I have never heard it happening to anyone else. We had to change our sales pitch from "Free" to, "as a bonus with no extra cost" Smile
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
How about getting that "Free" toy in your box of Frosted Flakes cereal??

The box advertises that there is "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY" and it s written right on the box.... Can you just go into the store, open the box, take the "Free" toy and walk out of the store with your newly acquired "Free" toy???

Isn't this legal to do if it states "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY"????
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
"Holy Cow man"(lol) Didn't know I was going to raise your blood pressure.(lol)

By the way, you can just mail in your request from the cereal company and they will send you your toy for free. Smile If not, let me know. I'll call them and give them a piece of my mind.(lol)
Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ultragaff Deck from Ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL