We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ricky Jay's Cups & Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Robin Z
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Robin Z
Incredible, you get a history lesson along with your entertainment. Not to mention a taste of Ricky Jay's stage personality, which I find absolutely amazing.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Quote:
On 2008-06-09 12:53, stoneunhinged wrote:
I love Ricky Jay.

Now I love him more.

Funny thing, however, that here at the Café there are repeated threads of "Name the top five..." whatever, and Ricky rarely makes the lists. Why would that be?

I love Ricky Jay.

Probably because the folks who make those lists don't have a clue who he really is. I first saw Ricky on the Carson show in the 70's in that dark blue three piece suit with long hair wearing a viking helmet! And if I remember correctly, he was doing MacDonald's Aces pattering about the 12 tribes of Israel....

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of plungerman
And it is worth mentioning that in this show "Ricky Jay and his 2 Assistants" his 53rd assistant is none other than David Roth.

I'm hopin' to make it to the Coinvention somtime This century.

Elliot
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
I recorded that HBO program & enjoy watching it over & over again! My favorite line he ever did in a movie was from "Mystery Men": "I'm a publicist, not a Magician!" Yeah, right! He also did a "quick version of his Cups & Balls Routine on the "X-Files." (Season 7; "The Amazing Maleeni".)
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
I recorded that HBO program & enjoy watching it over & over again! My favorite line he ever did in a movie was from "Mystery Men": "I'm a publicist, not a Magician!" Yeah, right! He also did a "quick version of his Cups & Balls Routine on the "X-Files." (Season 7; "The Amazing Maleeni".)
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
I would kill for a copy of his hbo special. I had it on tape once but I len t it to a friend and his vcr ate it
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ricky Jay's Cups & Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL