The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Zibit Tips on Unusual Location (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Hi Zibit-ers,
I got connected with doing the zibit for next weekend on a parking lot/store corner. The store is of such a nature that the presence of the grind show is a good fit and the location is directly across from the biggest mall in the area.
I have never operated in a situation looking to bring vehicle traffic over to the store for the customers. Any tips on working this dynamic as opposed to the usual fleas and fairs?
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
They won't drive across the street to see ANYTHING !

Don
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well aside from that burst of enthusiasm from Don...let me suggest the following:

Tie a hundred dollar bill on a long string and jerk it across the street.

Hire an engineering firm to build a high speed people mover (conveyor belt) coordinated with the nearest traffic light.

or...

hope like hell it's a short walk...narrow dirt road...the store does better business than the Mall does and the Deal or No Deal girls are all lined up with their brief cases...

In other words...approach it like any other venue...THINK before you commit...but once you commit give a shot...there is always the random chance some pixie dust might drift your way...

Saying that...the Zibit HAS done well outside of small markets on street corners! But they weren't trying to draw from a big mall...just a busy street of pedestrians and in a couple of cases, drive by pull overs.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Yeah its a tough nut but Im at no risk on this one so we will see what happens. I like the hundred dollar bill on a string though!
dough
View Profile
Loyal user
Gee. . . 13 years, and only
238 Posts

Profile of dough
I pm'ed you an idea, good luck!
"One of the Last Ten in One Sideshows"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ufo...be afraid.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
...very afraid! I know no fear because if things go wrong I can release your critter on all who oppose me!
dough
View Profile
Loyal user
Gee. . . 13 years, and only
238 Posts

Profile of dough
Quote:
On 2008-04-15 22:10, Doug Higley wrote:
Ufo...be afraid.

Hey now, it was a decent idea, maybe not a great one but, definately more useful than that fishing thing with a hundred dollar bill you came up with, or a "people mover" . . .and they call you the master . . . sheeesh! Smile
"One of the Last Ten in One Sideshows"
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
It was a good idea and Im grateful! I believe we will liberate some dollars this weekend.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
The power of the Zibit lured drivers off the intersection and into the tent. Not the numbers that we would have turned on a flea lot or fair grounds but still respectable. I was pleased and surprised. All hail the mighty Higley Zibit!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
My Banners should be in today or tomorrow at latest. A new idea which I want to test.

2 side banners are a bit larger than I had at 3x4 and the top line banner is 2x8

I do not want the actual copy revealed here on the Café but the left banner is the same as the How-To (but with very large lettering)...the right vertical is completely different and new (will be an interesting test) and the top line is partial former right side banner copy and some NEW. This will be for the Mammoth...so I am trying a tiny bit different approach with it. I still want it to be a 'blind' pitch (The key to Flea Market shows) yet offer a slight (VERY slight) hint that this could be Legit.

Challenge is I don't have an EZ-UP and don't have the energy to build another back of the truck PVC rig. (I might though).

So if anybody in SoCal that is doing a QUALITY (not ghetto stuff) Flea Market and wishes to be part of the banner change test for a day and has a rig for 3x4 side banners and the 2x8 top line let me know. We can split the take. The location will be important so I may nix the green light. You got the market and set up your EZ-UP and I'll be there bright and early, bring the new Zibit and the banners and work the joint. It's even better if you have a track record with the Mer show as then we can test the new stuff based on that.

eMail me please rather than PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Abort above. We're getting the tent and will be heading out soon-ish. Lots to do though first.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Zibit Tips on Unusual Location (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL