The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Patter for Extreme/Slow burn /Hundy 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Hi guys, I'm looking for some good patter suggestions for Extreme Burn. I really don't know where to start. Does anyone out there already have a good presentation for these effects, and would like to help out his fellow magi, who is struggling on this one? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

magic shayne
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
724 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I talk about an optical illusion where flicking the edge of the bills with the finger makes it seem like you have more money. Downward (flick down with the finger, but really do nothing), it seems like maybe 10 dollars. But upward, it looks more like $100 (I use 5 twenties). Then do Extreme Burn's gravity change. Point out that it's really only an optical illusion and you can change the bills back (I use the Underground change for that).

- Frank
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5257 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
I don't know how you use this. I use it in a bar when I am paying for something, very impromtu. Or if someone asks you for change. I think it might be slightly awkward to just walk up and do it for someone. It is a situatiional type of illusion. Also, I like when Richard Sanders does it and just walks away "says he has to go". I think that thatleaves them wondering. Best of luck!
Mr Goodbar
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mr Goodbar
When I Perform This "NOT WORKING"

Performance 1: (pull out 5 ones and say) "oh these are some of my tips" while counting them out (someone usually says that's all) and then look up at them (they'll break from the money to your eyes) and do the change and when they look down your holding hamiltons (or lincolns)...

Another is if I'm just hangin out with family or friends...

Performance 2: pull out your ones and say dude I need some cash can you lend me 10 bucks (and you'll usually get a YAH right)
(and I'll usually reach into my pocket and say too bad I already got your wallet)

and then say never mind and do the move visually so they are burning it with thier eyes

Then finish with "Guess I'm goin somewhere nice tonight"

-----------------------------------------------------

In A Show/ Restaurant

I always end with it at a table when I perform it and the people are relaxed and <3love<3 me by now...

I say I just did a 20 minute show for the bar and all they tipped me was 5 bucks (quietly and discreetly)...

"too bad when they go to pay for thier drinks they won't find thier wallets"

(and everyone will laugh) and then you say "steal a wallet? Me?
(and everyone will probably laugh again) and then you say "why steal when I can just borrow(/ or Switch) (while performing the change)!!!!!! then WALK AWAY!!!!

You'll know they enjoyed it when the jaws crack the tile floors

-Nick

Click here to view attached image.
Man With No Imagination, Has No Wings.
Mr Goodbar
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mr Goodbar
Forgot to mention one of my students does this with 1's
to 10 dollar bills that he changed the 0 into double zero's and it clearly looks drawn on and everyone goes what is that he says hundreds as far as I'm concerned... (thats just evil)

that made me laugh when he showed me...

Thought it might interest you!

Click here to view attached image.
Man With No Imagination, Has No Wings.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Patter for Extreme/Slow burn /Hundy 500 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL