The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Feather Light (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Dan Kuniak has released a product called Feather Light. Basically, you suspend a dove on a shaft of light. Very much like a broom suspension for birds. It looks cool and seem rather interesting. Has anyone acquired this? The picture used is a promo shot, so it can be easily edited. Are there any videos or live pics??
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Considering that there's not a video demo or real photos, I reserve the right to be completely wrong. Smile However, going from the description, this sounds like another old effect being repackaged. You may or may not be familiar with an old effect where you "hypnotize" a dove and balance it on the tip of a sword. Well, this just sounds like the sword has been replaced with "an ultra-modern, high-tech looking electrical wand." (Whoa, baby! Smile)
If this is a repackage, that's quite the deceptive ad. It says, "...similar to the classic sword suspension illusion." This could be taken as meaning the old dove and sword effect I mentioned above. But if you couple that quote with the ad's picture, it makes you believe it's like the sword suspension with humans, which wouldn't be accurate.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Although I have never seen it in person, this definitely appears to be a version of the hypnotized dove.

Can't remember who it was, but one of the performers in the '80s did a hypnotized dove suspension in front of their body with no visible means of support. I believe they marketed the effect as well.

The hypnotized dove is a fine effect if it suits your act. In the '70s and '80s, even biting the doves' heads off and restoring them were tolerated by audiences. Today, you want to make sure that whatever you do does not even hint of being unkind to your birds.

Rob
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Quote:
On 2008-04-14 10:20, RJE wrote:
Although I have never seen it in person, this definitely appears to be a version of the hypnotized dove.

Can't remember who it was, but one of the performers in the '80s did a hypnotized dove suspension in front of their body with no visible means of support. I believe they marketed the effect as well.

The hypnotized dove is a fine effect if it suits your act. In the '70s and '80s, even biting the doves' heads off and restoring them were tolerated by audiences. Today, you want to make sure that whatever you do does not even hint of being unkind to your birds.

Rob

I believe Joseph performed the levitating dove and it was available at Tannens.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
IS there any websites or dealers selling the dove suspension? ALso, besides the dan birch dove levitation out there...i understand there's the Silvan one. however I cant seem to find it on the net... any answers!?>?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Feather Light (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL