The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing Ten Foot Pole shrinker? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
New user
MN
93 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
Has anyone heard of RECOIL?
It's a way to shrink an appearing ten foot pole after taking it all the way out of a bag.
Do you know of anything like this?
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
I think I saw a prop that will do this on Doc Eason's dealers stand, when he came to the UK on his recent lecture tour. I don't know if it's the one you want but good luck.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Hocus Pocus stocks this item (or they did!)
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
mforteath
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of mforteath
Hope you find one. I have an appearing shovel, and something like 'recoil' would be very handy.
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
114 Posts

Profile of DonB!
Hey Bob,

Wouldn't that be the item you invented?
toot toot

DonB! Smile
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Though I haven't seen the item in question, I use a 10 foot pole in my act, and have devised what I suspect is a variation on it, using a length of PVC pipe with a strategic
'slot' cut in, bolted to the inside of the trunk I pull the pole out of.

Selah.

After futzing around with the homebrew, I finally shelled out the cash for Total Recoil.

Boy do I feel silly. Smile

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this thing is down-right groovy. Not only do you have the whole 'pull it out, put it back' thing, but you have, effectively, a built-in *stand* while it's partially extended.

My act involves having an appearing pole sticking out of my trunk, and up till now I've been manually extending the unit, then sliding it into two fence guide loops screwed into the trunk. The Recoil unit allows me to pull it out, stop, walk away from the trunk with the pole half-out, come back, continue, reverse, etc.

Much better than my previous plan (see above)

Is it worth it? If you do a lot of futzing around with poles and have a nice solid object to 'store' it in, (like a trunk, suitcase, box, basket, etc) you betcha. Just having a relatively safe place to store the pole will likely extend *it's* lifetime as well.

yours frothingly

Matthew/Tobias the Adequate
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing Ten Foot Pole shrinker? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL