The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Geoff Weber's "Poor Man's CTW" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
I'm not one to post extensive reviews because I'm lazy so ill just say a few things.

This was good. Nothing completely awesome. Far from bad. Clever concept that will work. Maybe not exactly my cup of tea but ill give it a shot. For $10 its worth picking up. 'Nuff said.
Marc Woods
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
147 Posts

Profile of Marc Woods
What a great clever concept...I think this will be the CTW I can use from time to time.

I laughed out loud when the card appeared the very first time I tried the effect!

Thank you very much for putting this on the market.
MiNDHACKER / goochelaar
https://www.marcwoods.nl
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

For those who are interested.....

I have come up with a signed method to make the card travel through the window.

Its not the best solution, but it certainly does work.

PM Me and I will fill you in on the details.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Also,

I will not share any information..... I need to make sure you bought the ebook.

So I will ask you something very specific about the ebook, then I will discuss my method with you.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Guys let me just say WOW this is one of the best and most affordable CTW out there. The method is pure genious and this will be something everyone will use and a big plus is setup is like 5 sec its awesome. I will have a more detailed review up later but just thought I would share my initial impressions. And you catn beat the price. For what Ben and Geoff offer you they could have sold this for three or four times the amount. Really good and practical. Thanks for releasing this to the magic community Geoff.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
I need to play around with the PM CTW more, but I have some additional ideas I would like to contribute to those that have purchased as well. It's gotten my creative juices flowing for sure.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I enjoy the idea, very creative thinking here. Great work guys!

Adam
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I just performed it for the first time at a local Nikkori Japanese cuisine.

I performed the method which I added which is signed and penetrates the window by throwing the cards at the window.

Let me tell you.......WOW.....reactions were incredible.

One person told me I had the power to do anything if I could make things go through windows.

I will be performing this on a regular basis. I have Windowmation, and I actually think I will use this more.

Geoff, thanks again for everything. You too Ben!

Anybody still interested in the signed version PM me, I have had a good response from people so far and those people liked it.

Thanks and keep magic alive

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I have been thinking a lot about this effect, and I am working up a complete routine in where you end clean at the end, and you don't have to go inside and retrieve the card, you can just reach inside the glass, and pull the same card out signed.

The card will be signed by the spectator. Yes, its possible.

So here is the effect:

Person selects a card, they sign it, magician signs it as well to identify it later, and then you show the window empty, throw the cards, one card penetrates.

You let that moment sink in, and then you reach into the glass with your hands and a paper towel, and they see the card being retrieved, and you give them the card, and the window is clean.

Thanks

Alex
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
I just wanted to say that Alex has many ideas, as well as others. I am going to try and get a forum up where those that have purchased the trick can talk about it and post ideas, etc.

Also the idea from John Sheets about using a post it note is way cool. Easy on, easy off, no mess left behind. Great idea.

Thanks again to all those that are enjoying this.

Peace,
Ben
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Just tried this at home with my brother using the post it note idea. He loved it!
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Okay, just downloaded this!

I think this is a great idea, and definitely one to pick up if you are a fan of the CTW plot. A measly 10 dollars really doesn't do you enough justice Geoffrey!

First off, the PDF was VERY well put together, clearly written, with pictures and templates when needed. The actual core principle is one that is also used in Axcess CTW. This is definitely a case of independent invention by two creative minds.

Geoffrey offers many different variations, and I'm yet to learn all of them. So far I tried his basic method, and it worked on the second try. It is so easy you will laugh when you see that card go through, and you sit there and do it again, and again, and again...okay, if you have a life, you will stop at some point LOL.

Set up time really is super minimal. Clean up is no problem, although I would prefer to retrieve the card myself. I will try this at the medical campus tomorrow and see if I can't fry a couple of Brain Surgeons...to be continued!

Evikshin
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I bought this and I must say that I am impressed by it. Only issue that I have so far with this is that it is not as Impromtu as I would like it to be. Now you can make it seem tottally impromtu but you have to have control of a few things. Other then that yeah this is a sweet version.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Zach Allen came up with this same method in his e-book "Evolution" .
Zach's e-book had about a dozen ways to do CTW, this was one of them. He called it "The shelf"
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Interesting... because Zach emailed me and asked me what my method was back when he was writing evolution, and said that he was just researching and that my method was new to him.... Guess it shouldn't come as a great surprise that he tried to rip me off. It wouldn't be the first time in magic history its happened.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

also interesting that his book got bad reviews and yet it contains my method which people here seem to love... I guess when you try to rip off a creator without fully understanding the nuances of the effect, things must get lost in translation.
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good morning Mr. Weber
I purchased this the other day and have been playing around with the idea and I think it is great. Defintely something that can be used. Thanks for sharing.
JPK
John Kardel
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Geoff,

Just goes to show that merely researching was done to gain access at other methods of CTW.....and I agree with you about the whole rip off....

But anyways, I don't really know Zach, so I cant say anything....but just know that your method works in the real world, and gets insane reactions....

I have come up with many ways to perform it, and am constantly trying to make it better and better.....

I will share with you the whole routine I talked to you about, PM me.

Alex
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Anyone have any issue with the appearance a little pre-mature?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
No I have had success all the time.

I don't know about the rest of you guys.

You have to get a knack for it, and once you do its a breeze.

Works like a charm everytime.

Keep at it Meyegr, you will get it.

Alex
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 16:14, meyegr wrote:
Anyone have any issue with the appearance a little pre-mature?

Hint: if you set it up so that the card appears laying horizontally, as opposed to vertical, you can reduce the chances of the card appearing prematurely. Just play around with it.

Evikshin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Geoff Weber's "Poor Man's CTW" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL