The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Levent's DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Most of us know that Levent just came out with an extensive DVD on the Miser's Dream.
It teaches everything you could possibly want to know.

I also received today, his salt pour DVD and gimmick. It too was extensive.

These DVDs are among my few favorites ever produced (along with Kozmo's Slydini DVDs and Cellini DVDs).

The research that went into Levent's DVDs is astounding. You know when you buy his products that you're getting EVERYTHING including a history of the effect, a history of other people's routines, moves, gimmicks. The entire evolution of the effect.

Honestly it's unbelievable.
Customer service is world class. The production is wonderful. The audio is great.
Menus work correctly (gee, that's a novel idea), and no cheezy sound effects between tracks (remember the annoying coin noise you had to hear 20 times on the Roth tapes).

If every new kid on the block had to put the work into their DVDs that Levent did before publishing the usual minor variation on an existing trick (and the new variation is usually adding sunglasses and a sloppy handling with no motivation) we'd have a lot fewer crappy DVDs to sift thru.

I wish I could sell them but I'm just as glad that they're only available from http://www.leventmagic.com

Do yourself a favor.

Very impressed out in california!
Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I just finished watching the misers dream dvd's, my head hurts lol. great stuff.

I like levents routine alot. it would be quite a task to make the bucket. id like to know if anyone attempts it.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
293 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2008-04-18 02:40, Frank Starsini wrote:

I also received today, his salt pour DVD and gimmick. It too was extensive.

These DVDs are among my few favorites ever produced (along with Kozmo's Slydini DVDs and Cellini DVDs).

As a stand-alone DVD on the Salt-Pour, retailing for around $30, it would be outstanding. As a supporting DVD with the gimmick, coming in at $39 for the pair, it is absolutely sensational.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

I order the salt pour yesterday, I'm really looking forward to it. I just saw another product new to the market for over 200 dollars... whew
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Frank, Daniel & Joshua

THANKS!!!!

Levent
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Hehe I order the salt shaker too,. I should have just ordered it all at once lol.

really good stuff. me and my girlfriend both agree we like the silk production levent ads to the routine. great gimmick.

Levent, what kind of bucket are you using, I thought maybe it was a pail or somthing cut down?

I found some pop corn tubs from blockbuster video I might use. seems to make sense with the salt and all
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Joshua:

I like the idea of the popcorn tub! Very cool! If you go that route, you might want to use a durable plastic pail and cover it with an outer label that is printed to look like a real popcorn tub. This way the whole unit will last longer.

The pail I used on the video is a straight walled plastic pail that I purchased at "Home Depot" for a few dollars. I then cut it down with a Dremel tool and covered it with black naugahyde using contact cement.

Levent
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1087 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
So Levent, what can we be expecting next?
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Wanted to add my praises for this wonderful set of DVDs. Absolutely top class!

Thank you, Levent!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
-Miser's Dream!
-Five hours, five!
-Encyclopedic in scope!
-Top Worker's Routines taught!
-Buy this one... now!

Magically,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Also loved the DVDs.
The explanation of Miller and Flosso's routines were outstanding.
If Tommy Wonder performed the Miser's Dream it would look like Levent's.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2008-04-21 20:35, Mac_Stone wrote:
So Levent, what can we be expecting next?

Hi Mac:

I actually have quite a few projects in the works. But I am prefer not to announce them until the products are closer to being released.

Levent
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Guys:

The noted magic consultant and historian Charles Reynolds recently watched the entire DVD set and had the following to say about it:

"Levent’s Ultimate Guide to The Miser’s Dream is an astonishing work of both scholarship and practical teaching. Based on his own very original version of the classic effect which he has performed and perfected over a period of more than two years, his own staggeringly detailed analysis of the effect examines the work of such masters as Robert-Houdin, T.Nelson Downs, Al Flosso, Charlie Miller, Pat Page, Roy Benson, Jose Frakson, Allan Shaw and literally dozens of other top performers. It is hard to believe that there is not a sleight, routine, or bit of business that he has missed in researching the more than a century and a half history of what is arguably the greatest of all coin tricks. At an almost unbelievable five and a half hours in length (3 excellently produced DVDs) it is the definitive work on one of magic’s true masterpieces."

Charles Reynolds
pwolverine
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
109 Posts

Profile of pwolverine
I recently got the Salt Pour gimmick and DVD and also have the Misers Dream set too. They are both fantastic. Levent really puts a lot into his DVDs and the quality is great. He gets angle filmed clearly and explains everything down to the last detail. The history alone he covers in each set is worth the money alone, he really explains multiple versions and handling techniques thoroughly. I really can't wait to see what Levent is going to release next.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I just ordered his Salt Pour and Manipulation Act videos. Can't wait until they get here. I've yet to hear a negative review for any of his stuff.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I would highly recommend ordering anything from Levent. I got my shipment in two days. I took a look at the Salt Pour video and completely understand why it has great reviews.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Thanks PWolverine and Jeff:

In case anyone is interested, Soon I will be lecturing on stage magic in the California.

Magic Castle on August 17th,
Sacramento on September 10th
Cupertino on September 11th.

Also I will be performing my act at the Comedy Magic Club of Hermosa Beach on August 19th, 20th, 21st and 23rd.

Best regards,
Levent
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2507 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
On the same show with me...
GREG
OTTO
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I also favor his Miser's Dream DVD. I also enjoy his "Manipulation Act" DVD.
pwolverine
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
109 Posts

Profile of pwolverine
Yeah anything by Levent is fabulous. I've been recommending it to a few friends that are interested in Magic. I'd also like to say that his customer support is also absolutely amazing and he really sticks by his products. I really have no hesitation to deal with him again, and will hopefully get all his stuff eventually. I'm really looking forwards to any upcoming project he 's going to release (any hints Levent?)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Levent's DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL