The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What's Your Favorite DVD/Video You Own? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
falcon
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of falcon
My top favorite videos are: Doc Eason's Bar Magic, for references Encyclopedia of Card Sleights by Daryl and Vernon's Revelations. Smile
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Another vote for Card stunts. Greg Wilson takes our skill to another world.
Phoenix Aces being my favourite effect.
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
All of the Greg Wilson's and Sankey's tapes/dvd's. I love watching them perform and their effects are killer.

Ammar's ETMCM

David Regal's dvd set

Doc Eason's Bar Magic series...

Cheers! Smile
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
I Like Jay Sankey's Secret files DVDs. Packed with some explosive tricks.
Rich Fredeking
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
Thanks for all the input guys. I also will have to agree with a bunch of people and say "The Very Best Of Jay Sankey" and of course "On The Loose" with Bill Malone. Both performances will cheer me up after a rough day.

Evan
jasonchr
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
173 Posts

Profile of jasonchr
Guy Hollingworth's Routines video is at the top of my list. It's full of beautiful, clever, and practical magic. It's also fun to watch. Definitely one of the best...

Jason
The aspirant should acquire the resolve to explore and expand his talents to the best of his ability. With a thorough commitment to quality comes a sense of accomplishment and unique satisfaction.

John Carney
troublewit
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of troublewit
I can't believe no one mentioned "The Commercial Classics of Johnny Thompson" series. I believe they are being re-released as DVD's currently. Here is a goldmine of practical and classical material with insight from past masters of our art as relayed by the current "General Practitioner" of magic, himself. The others in my collection with which I will never part are: Billy McComb's on Steven's Greater Magic Library, Gene Anderson (GML), Don Alan Magic Ranch, (and GML), and Ross Bertram's home movies. I also enjoy Denny Haney's act which was previously mentioned on this thread, and Roberto Giobbi's Lecture. Mike Ammar's E-T-M series on cards, and money are all excellent as well. I better stop while I still can.
Amadeus_Magi
View Profile
New user
Jakarta, Indonesia
100 Posts

Profile of Amadeus_Magi
Me...
1. Ammar is a good teacher (I love his Videos)
2. Jeff McBride's Video cool!
3. Greg' Wilson's On The Spot... wow that's is very cool
4. The Watch Steal Video - Chappy Brazil and Charles Bach (Good video with good presentation and teaching) unfortunately Chappy is gone... Smile though he is a cool guy.... hicks.....
Magic Beyond Your Imagination
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Hi,

I second Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights. I refer back to it all the time.

Mark
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
1. McBride's Stage Magic Series

2. McBride's Card Manipulation Series

3. Duane Laflin's Silk Magic Videos

4. Tabray's Rope Magic Vol. 1
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
For favorites I'd have to go with Johnny Thompsons Classics of magic volumes 1-4,
and Doc Eason's Bar Magic volume 1-3.
I also really like a lot of the stuff coming out of Canada - Richard Sanders, Jay Sankey, and David Acer.

Worst - The Harry Alan 2 pack - strictly a dealer demo.

To each their own.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
541 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
I'd have to agree with ANY Sankey material.
I'm also loving these new Carl Andrews videos I've just picked up. David Acer's Extreme Close-Up has just that, extreme stuff you can do with a litlle practice. Very funny and informative.
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
The Bill Malone DVDs have to be the best thing I have ever spent my money on. Smile
mafedi
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of mafedi
Bob Kohlers Black envelope
yken
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of yken
Although there are many videos/DVDs I like, I'd have to agree with "The Commercial Classics of Johnny Thompson" series.
I'm not sure other video/DVDs can last for more a decade but, I'm sure these materials can do.
yken
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Smile Well my list is as follows.

1. Ammar's "Easy To Master Card Miracles" - This is the video set that really lifted my level of card magic. I really like volume one the best out of the six I must say. Plus the $10.00 props included in each video was a great deal. They were also easy to learn from.

2. Malone's "On The Loose" - What a hilarious entertaining performer. His comedy is one of a kind, and his technical technique is superb, and the tricks aren't overly difficult either. He also gives awesome REAL WORLD advice as well.

3. David Regal's videos are a pleasure to watch. I enjoyed them very much, and he is one of my favorite performers too. I love his ideas on scripting your presentations. His marketed effects are killer especially hid Deju Vu Deck.

4. Darwin Ortiz's "Cardshark" and "At The Card Table" series are great buys. I love how he makes his magic HIGH IMPACT. His sleight-of-hand abilities are beyond compare as well.

5. Martin Nash's videos really rock. I think his sleight-of-hand is very good too, and his presentations are really well thought out too. Smile Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
I don't own many but if I would have to pick it would be On the Loose by Bill Malone.
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
I'd settle for John Bannon's Impossibilia. His routines are very workable, easy on the sleights and he has some very clever ideas, and most pack a nice punch.

Kaj
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
I'm going with...

Ammar's ETMCM DVDs
Malone's On The Loose DVDs
Daryl's Fooler Doolers DVDs
Regal's DVDs

They are simply the best in my mind!

Regards,

Evan
UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
Okay, I have noticed many people saying how "entertaining" their videos are. But are we looking for entertainment or material? Smile
"There is no spoon."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What's Your Favorite DVD/Video You Own? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL