The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What's Your Favorite DVD/Video You Own? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
What is your favorite dvd or video that you own or have seen? Why is it your favorite?

Evan
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
For me its has to be the David Roth Ultimate Coin Magic Collection . He the man!

Emmett Smile Smile Smile
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just got Denny Haney's performance video "Denny & Lee at the Wells Theatre", which was filmed in the mid-'90's. It includes his performances of the Malini Egg Bag (just bought that effect upon his demo-ing it at his store), Gene Anderson's Torn & Restored Newspaper, and other effects and illusions.

Denny's performance on that video is a great example of how following Fitzkee's suggestions can result in a program that is entertaining, fun, mystifying and for me, very educational. No effects are taught, rather the show itself is like a graduate course in showmanship.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Okay, I am going to get slammed here but I'd have to say Ellusionist.

Let me qualify why I say that. I had fallen out of magic for about eight years when one day I came across their site. Yes, I bought their product and because of that I have once again gotten the magic "bug". From there I found The Magic Café and have since moved onto learning from other great magicians (Ammar, Daryl, Malone, etc.)

If not for them I'd not be experiencing the joy of magic today.
William Holcomb
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I have a few favorites but the best for me would be Ggegory Wilson's "On The Spot".. I love to see magic performed in real situations, not the canned audience reactions in a studio.

(Doc Eason's Bar Magic Videos)
(Jon Allen's Spectators Don't Exist)
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
Great reason William. I would have "slammed" on you for sure if you did not say it got you into magic. I too learned some of my first tricks from Ellusionist. Also I too have moved on to learning from MUCH better magicians.
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
My Favorite is the Bill Malone's "On The Loose" series.

The tricks are VERY good and he is VERY entertaining to watch.

A real pleasure to watch and rewatch the performance sections (and learn some good tricks).

Furthermore, his explanations are good, and I like his advices interludes.

My personal opinion!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
All the Jeff McBride video's!!!
Daryls video's are well done too. Smile
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
My 2 favorite DVD series are David Regal's and Bill Malone's. Both have great performances as well as great tricks.
JustAnotherMagi
View Profile
New user
Oak Canyon
79 Posts

Profile of JustAnotherMagi
Way to go KC!!! My favorites are "The Very Best of Jay Sankey DVD's" and "The Magic of David Regal DVD's."
There are many other great ones too.
"I am the best magician ever..."
-The Conceited Part of My Mind
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
street magic video from ellusoinist, Insidemagic and ETMCM 1-2.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Daryl's Full Monte, Ellusionist's Inside Magic, and Mark Mason's Real World Magic are my favorites. I also like David Copperfield's Illusion DVD. No effects are taught in there, but the performances are great! Very entertaining!
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
Double Take by Greg Wilson.
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
I like Bill Malone and David Regal's DVD, too.

Koji
Mark Butcher
View Profile
Regular user
Rochester, NY
116 Posts

Profile of Mark Butcher
The Sankeytized videos are probably mysentimental favorite. Jay was the first lecturer I saw as well as the first "good" close-up magician. That lecture pushed me over the edge and I haven't been the same since. I'll give an honorable mention to Bill Malone's DVD series, great material and just plain fin to watch.

-Mark
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
David Regals Dvds are the best!!!Also Sankey's and Malone's have a very good material inside...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Has to be Bob Kohlers Black envelope aand ETMCM.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I agree Black Envelope is the best DVD out there. Anyone wanting KILLER material must get this video.

Bob's method for making a duplicate of a sign card in REAL TIME is worth the price of the DVD alone and can be used in other card tricks.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I like Ted Lesley's Cabaret Magic, and Mindreading DVD's . Powerful stuff from a great magician. Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
David Regal videos. Something for any interest level and skill level with cards. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What's Your Favorite DVD/Video You Own? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL