The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3 fly using a shell and or flipper.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Can someone recommend a good 3 fly using a shell and or a gravity flipper without difficults sleights?

Rick
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Check Troy Hoosiers notes, "The Silver Surf II".
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Or Troy's DVDs.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
H Rick,

There are LOADS of 3 Fly routines out there with either a shell or a flipper. As everyone has mentioned you could go with Troy's DVD's or books as he has a couple of different routines published with a flipper. Also the European Champion of Magic 2007 Will Houston has a great Flipper 3 Fly in his lecture notes. There are many 3 Fly's with a shell including a excellent version by Reed McClintock which I think was called scream fly and was published on one of his DVD's I will check and get back to you.

FInally I have an ebook being released next week through http://www.worldmagicshop.co,uk. On there I have put my professional 3 Fly which is VERY easy and uses a flipper and a shell. It has solved the final coin problem (IMO) as once the first coin has jumped across the hands never come near each other again. This means it eliminates the whole "Would you like to see the coin go the fast way or the slow way" patter line. There are another 6 or 7 routines in the ebook as well and it should be REALLY cool. I will put an annoucement out about the book next week when it is available.

Thanks again

Craig
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26985 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2008-04-20 14:27, Rick11 wrote:
Can someone recommend a good 3 fly using a shell and or a gravity flipper without difficults sleights?

Rick

if you can do the Allen Shaw production from Buckley's book and the dr roberts move from Bobo's you are all set for a VERY clean looking no-touch handling of the trick.

and yes you can substitute the Bertini EG production when you get that down. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
Garrett THomas has a great 3fly that is "no touch" using a shell and a flipper, though I definitely don't think I'd call it easy.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Gary jones has a fantastic routine using a shell, it can be found is his brilliant lectures notes...
contact gary, or even download the notes here http://www.garyjonesmagic.co.uk
lcombs
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lcombs
I second the recommendation of Reed McClintock's routine. In addition, both Mike Eaton and Robert Moreland have good routines in their lecture notes. One uses a shell and the other a flipper.

lcombs
aktino
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of aktino
Quote:
On 2008-04-20 18:52, Craig Petty wrote:
H Rick,

There are LOADS of 3 Fly routines out there with either a shell or a flipper. As everyone has mentioned you could go with Troy's DVD's or books as he has a couple of different routines published with a flipper. Also the European Champion of Magic 2007 Will Houston has a great Flipper 3 Fly in his lecture notes. There are many 3 Fly's with a shell including a excellent version by Reed McClintock which I think was called scream fly and was published on one of his DVD's I will check and get back to you.

FInally I have an ebook being released next week through http://www.worldmagicshop.co,uk. On there I have put my professional 3 Fly which is VERY easy and uses a flipper and a shell. It has solved the final coin problem (IMO) as once the first coin has jumped across the hands never come near each other again. This means it eliminates the whole "Would you like to see the coin go the fast way or the slow way" patter line. There are another 6 or 7 routines in the ebook as well and it should be REALLY cool. I will put an annoucement out about the book next week when it is available.

Thanks again

Craig

Does anyone know the title of the ebook referred to by Craig? I seem to be unable to find it on http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk. Thank you.
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
Has anyone had the chance to view Darrell's 3 Fly DVD ? I don't do well with notes. I have a shell that I use, and a DVD that was given to me but it really dosn't explain the moves in datail.
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 22:00, aktino wrote:
Does anyone know the title of the ebook referred to by Craig? I seem to be unable to find it on http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk. Thank you.

I p.m.'d him and am waiting for his reply!

-A
jmcgrath
View Profile
Regular user
Tomorrow I'll make another
147 Posts

Profile of jmcgrath
Do not check out 'Trick With 3 Coins' by Geoff Latta. It's really bad and on-one else but me should do it. Smile
John McGrath
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2879 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Gary Kurtz' has a rendition in his book, and it uses a shell.
I j
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
Why must you use a flipper or shell ????? I can't recommend Eric Jone's
"Mirage Et Trois" enough its a DVD and he goes through everything in great detail.
The great thing is you can take any one of the three phases and use them on there own so really its three routines in one.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Dave Neighbors has a fairly easy three-fly using Todd Lassen's Cerberus that I like.
Wes
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24062 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 19:06, feher wrote:
"Mirage Et Trois" enough its a DVD and he goes through everything in great detail.
The great thing is you can take any one of the three phases and use them on there own so really its three routines in one.
Tim

I agree. And the advantages are: The coins can be examined, no need to worry about breaking any, and they cost less.
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 02:30, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 19:06, feher wrote:
Tim

I agree. And the advantages are: The coins can be examined, no need to worry about breaking any, and they cost less.

And the disadvantages......
Wes
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24062 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Opposite of the advantages.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Wes65,

Are you asking about the disadvantages to MY routine or to that of using a Flipper coin and shell in a 3 fly routine. I Honestly would suggest AGAINST using the flipper coin and shell as a combination fora three fly routine. With the exception of Garrett Thomas' version, you NEED both hands to close the flipper while handling the shell.

I would highly suggest using a shell in a visible coins across(3fly), but my question is why? Sure you can use the shell to get really clean displays, but thisis usually only maximized for the second coins travel, and really isn't useful for any other phases. Might as well use one extra coin.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 10:28, Eric Jones wrote:
Wes65,

Are you asking about the disadvantages to MY routine or to that of using a Flipper coin and shell in a 3 fly routine. I Honestly would suggest AGAINST using the flipper coin and shell as a combination fora three fly routine. With the exception of Garrett Thomas' version, you NEED both hands to close the flipper while handling the shell.

I would highly suggest using a shell in a visible coins across(3fly), but my question is why? Sure you can use the shell to get really clean displays, but thisis usually only maximized for the second coins travel, and really isn't useful for any other phases. Might as well use one extra coin.

No, I was not referring to your routine at all.....only pointing out that there are advantages and disadvantages both ways you go. I very seldom use any gaffs at all. The only gaffs I own in the dollars size coins I normally use are a shell and the Cerberus. Using the Cerberus I can hand the coins out before and after and do a three fly with out the hands ever coming near each other.....

What I was implying with my post was that no one should close his or her mind to the use of gaffs.....use what ever it takes to make the routine the best it can be.
Wes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3 fly using a shell and or flipper.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL