The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball colors and sources (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
White balls would probably work best with bright copper and red or black costumes. Can anyone confirm or deny?
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Just to let you all know about Magicalaurie's Monkey Fists' Red and White and Blue Sale .
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Hi Laurie, I'm going to look and see if you have chopped balls. What colors would you recommend to go with bright copper with black or red mat/costume?
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I do have chopped/combo sets, Alan. First off, I recommend it's a colour that you like and identify with and is consistent with the tone of your routine(s). After that I say, white would likely suit, but what about blue? Smile
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
You must be a mind reader! I've been using blue balls on a red surface for the 1,000 rehearsals that Bill Palmer suggested: wax on, wax off!
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
They don't call me magicalaurie for nothin', Alan. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
My mind reading skills elude me at this time, however... a Café member sent me a message at my sharepoint website last night re. 3/4" Banana Yellow balls. I'm going to try and work some out today- the density of the banana yellow cord makes the smallest size generally 7/8" but I should be able to work out some 3/4" for you. Please PM me here- I tried to send you an email reply but your email address bounced it back to me.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow! These are beautiful, Laurie (as are you)! I have the RnT's polished stainless steel Paul Fox's with 5 blue/glitter balls. Very, very nice! I like Laurie's! Yes, recommended! Smile

Doug
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2012-08-27 12:57, magicalaurie wrote:
My mind reading skills elude me at this time, however... a Café member sent me a message at my sharepoint website last night re. 3/4" Banana Yellow balls. I'm going to try and work some out today- the density of the banana yellow cord makes the smallest size generally 7/8" but I should be able to work out some 3/4" for you. Please PM me here- I tried to send you an email reply but your email address bounced it back to me.

I'm the guy. Just thought I'd let everyone know that I ordered two sets of monkey fists and received them today. As mentioned earlier, Laurie's customer service is awesome and the balls are perfect for my routine.

Thank you, Laurie.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
You're welcome, Nicholas. Thanks for posting. I appreciate it. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I've got a limited edition Hallowe'en special- ORANGE magicalaurie's monkeyfists- it's difficult to capture their orangeness, but I'll be posting more pics as I get them. These will be around only while quantities last!
http://www.magicalaurie.com/halloweenmonkeyfists.html

Laurie
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Very nice Laurie! You do great work. Orange is a great color for Halloween, but also is a very bright color for all seasons. It's highly visible.
I too introduced Orange balls this year (crocheted, not monkeyfist) and they have been received fairly well.
http://www.rnt2.com/orange.html

Science tells us that Orange is the color you "think in" when you are doing math (left brain). I thought it would be a color that magicians would just naturally be attracted to, because of their natural inclination as puzzle solvers and such. Smile
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I just received a set of the orange monkey fists from Laurie. She's right about the fact that the picture doesn't truly capture the richness of the orange. I ordered these for a Hallowe'en show, but I know they'll be my "go to" set now.

Thank you again Laurie,

Nick
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou, Donnie. Smile I like those tangerines- and with the crochet cover, they've got the appropriate texture, too!
You're welcome, Nick. Smile
I've got another pic of them up on the page now.

Laurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I'm CLEARING out all glass-core satin rattail monkey fists. Details here Smile :

http://magicalaurie.jigsy.com/monkeyfists
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Laurie--Long time no see--hear--read. Glad to see you here!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou very much. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball colors and sources (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL