The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Bob Sheets stack is out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

immr1drfl
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of immr1drfl
http://www.chefanton.com/scoundrelsstore/shell_game.htm

I seen Whit Haydn use this device and even though you can't trust him ( Preforming ) and I was looking, it got past me with Bob Sheets stack!!!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
To adapt an old gaff like the chip-shell directly to the 3 shell game in order to make the pea dance just a little bit more than it already does shows just what an amazing thinker Bob Sheets is when it comes to the shell game.

Combined with his older suggestion to use poker chips to control the specs, it's really an large contribution he's made to the advancement of the game as an entertaining con.

Needless to say, combining his "poker chip control" methods with the new chip shell gives the reason for for the poker chips (and shell) to be on the table in the first place......a small point, but an important one IMHO.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Is there a video of either of them performing using the stack?
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
No, but perhaps it might show up on Part 2 of the School for Scoundrels DVD on the topic of the shell game, as this new DVD will apparently focus on using two peas in your routine.......something the Sheet Stack will excel at.

That DVD should be out in a month or so.

The Sheet Stack is a great example of taking an old gambling item (the chip shell) and adapting it for something altogether different, but still used to get something "in" and/or "out" of a game.....or in this case, your 3-shell routine as opposed to a game.

The Sheet Stack is a piece of brilliant thinking.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
The new SFS Shell game DVD "The Scoundrels Touch-Advanced Shells Technique - Volume 2" is now listed on their web site, just waiting to fit it into my budget.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
I’ve been waiting for this to be released. I found it listed in their “New Products” section, but there is no “Add To Cart” button for it yet.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I saw a lecture a couple of years back with Sheets using the stack along with magnetic peas and a fake cigar with a magnet in the end. It was pretty impressive all the little things that can be accomplished when you are creative.
Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
158 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Have Bob published his routine with the Sheets stack?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Not that I'm aware of. It didn't show up on the SfS vol 2 unless it was just mentioned in passing. Anyone who wants to use a two pea system would find it easy to come up with uses for this as a "right under their noses" hiding place for a second pea. Just move the stack out the way and you end up clean.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Bob Sheets stack is out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL