The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Eddie Joseph Fold where in print? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find this fold in print. I saw it done years ago and it is amazing. Basically three or more large coins are placed inside of a silk or hankercheif which is lying flat on a table. The hank is folded at the corners and then raised to shoulder level and snaped taught. The coins seem to have vanished. The silk can even be whisked into the air and the magi can even secret the coins in the hands while it flutters to the floor.

Anyone know?

Thanks
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
magical expressions
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magical expressions
Is this the same effect that Jim Cellini demonstrates on the dvd put out by international magic?
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Yes. I saw it on the DVD a while back but wondered where it's in print if at all.
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5311 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It is in "The Art of Eddie Joseph" by Hugh Miller, published by Harry Stanley in 1968 and later by Supreme Magic Co. in 1978. The book can be found at used magic book sellers. In fact there is one for sale at Quality Magic Books right now (who knows for how long it will be available?).

Here is a link:

http://www.qualitymagicbooks.com/?nd=full&key=2231
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Harry, you're one of the most knowledgible and helpful guys on the Café! Thanks!

William Butler Yeats
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22349 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Abbott's Magic Co. has sold this item for years as instructions only. They sell several Eddie Joseph items.

Just contact Craig Border the owner of Abbott's he will be happy to send it to you for a few dollars.

I have the book but do not remember it being in there. Retired employee of Abbott's Gordon Miller has promised for years to publish all of the material of Eddie Joseph but has not done so. It is truly to bad as his magic with things around the house is really great.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of Conus
It's also in Bobo's Modern Coin Magic...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Eddie Joseph Fold where in print? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL