The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tube: A New Principle in Predictions (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
I'm happy to announce the soon to be release of one of my babies. The TUBE system allows you complete freedom and versatility in reading minds, predicting thoughts and even traveling in time (only for the brave!).

Here's just some of what's possible:

You see someone at a party, someone you haven't seen in a long time, and you start talking about how you dreamt about them a month ago. You write something down on a piece of paper, fold it up and hand it to them. It could be put in an envelope or hung from the ceiling. You never have to touch it again.

You explain that in your dream they were reading a book. You hand them a book and they turn to any page they want. The book is completely normal. No duplicate pages, no forcing of page numbers, no peeks. They begin reading from that page and you looked stunned. You refuse to have them open the paper. It's just too strange....

The paper you wrote on before all this started is finally opened and there is link to a YouTube video written down. You never touch the paper, nothing is switched, no double writing. When they go to your YouTube page there is one video, clearly uploaded a month ago. The video shows you sleeping in bed, then waking up violently and talking to the computer. You tell the camera that you just had a dream and start describing the scene from the book that your friend just read out loud.

I've done this and people start screaming and beg to have the video turned off. It's that powerful. And the video really was uploaded a month ago to YouTube!

Here's another quick one:
You mention that the ghost of a dead celebrity has been following you. Have someone close their eyes and try to get the impression of who that dead celebrity might be. They close their eyes and start describing their impressions. Finally they name who they think the celebrity is and go to your YouTube video (the only one and it was uploaded a week ago!). There is a video of you talking about the same dead celebrity. Or you could be possessed by the celebrity or watching a movie with them in it or ....well you get the idea.

For more conventional means, you could have someone just think of a card and you reveal it on video. Again, you write down the YouTube link to your video beforehand and it's the only video there, uploaded well before the performance date.

The bonus effect E-Prophecy is a way of revealing thoughts over email and uses a clever variation on the TUBE principle.

The method really makes me smile when I think about it. Even if you only use this once (and it's really so strong you don't want to dilute it by performing it too often) it's worth it. Everyone should be aware of the principle because there are soo many things you can do with it.

This will be in booklet form, contents include:
History (How I came across this devious little principle)

Multiple Methods (There are different methods for different performing situations, each one described in exhaustive detail)

10 Effects (Ten different effects possible with the TUBE system, explained in full detail with complete handlings)

Presentational Ploys (Ideas to you get you started on creating your own brand of interactive miracles with the TUBE system)

Tips/Tricks/Additional Handlings (Everything you need to know to make this a reputation maker for you and some added ideas to spark your creativity)

QuickStart Guide (A guide to getting started immediately on using the TUBE system, even if you've never used any sites like YouTube, I'll guide you through the entire process of setting up an account and uploading a video. It's a cinch!)

Bonus Effect: E-Prophecy (This handling of the TUBE principle is super sneaky and highly effective way to predict someone's thoughts using email. Again, you never touch the computer and your prediction is made in advance of their selection.)

I've really gone overboard on teaching all the nuances and subtleties that are involved in this. The system is easy once you understand it and anything is possible with it. It does not use any secret technology or advanced computer skills. As long as you have a computer with Internet access and a way to video tape your prediction you can do this effect. There is no sleight of hand involved. It's an old principle used in a brand new way!

While it's not necessary (or even desirable for most situations) I've also gone over various ways of using peeks, forces and other common methods in conjunction with the TUBE principle for creating totally new effects.

Now you can do headline predictions, book tests, predict future events all with the greatest of ease. The system really allows you to concentrate on coming up with some very creative presentations.

This will be available by the end of this month....
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Sounds very interesting. And what do you think how much it will cost?
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
TUBE sounds incredible. And I can tell you Jason Messina knows what works. Plus, he's a joy to order from ( http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/shop/index.php ).

TUBE is on my watch list for the end of this month!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
I just had the pleasure of speaking with Jason, he was kind enough to share some the TUBE principle with me and it blew my mind! I'm always looking for effects that I can perform both long distance and on the spot. Anyone who speaks to potential clients over the phone or via email knows how valuable this type of effect is!

Even though it is not necessary to be in the immediate presence of the internet, most venues (restaurants, houses, halls, bars, theaters, etc.) are equipped with it... its actually pretty hard to find a place that isn't, I travel with my laptop and wireless card all the time. Even if I don't have internet around me, this will be my closer that hits them after Im gone (my favorite type)! I cant wait to perform this and Im looking forward to the manuscript so I can get all the info!

Thanks again Jason for releasing this brilliant principle!
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
Ok I can see walking around with a new PDA that plays videos from You-Tube and frying people with this. I am somewhat excited Smile

-Altrez
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4315 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
A modern miracle
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Thank you all for the interest and kind words. I am very excited about the implications of this.

The really great thing is, there are a lot of effects that you already do that could be made more powerful by the TUBE principle. I've been playing with Bob Smith's stigmata (soon to be Wounded) stuff and am working on a kind of interactive living dead test done over YouTube. You show 10 pictures of famous dead people. The group selects one (free choice). They go to your YouTube page and play the only video (again, one video, uploaded days or weeks before).

In the video you put your hand up against the screen and one by one each picture is put up against the screen. When the selected picture is put against the screen your hand on the video starts bleeding. Or maybe tears of blood start running down your face. Then you could rub the blood against your arm to show the initials of the person they selected. Again, remember, this video was filmed weeks before the performance and they have a FREE CHOICE!

I'm just thinking out loud here. There is soooo much you could do. The level of interactivity and creativity is up to you but I'll be providing a lot of food for thought in the manuscript.

It will retail for $35 and be available from The Astonishment Project.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
TUBE seem to have great potential. Basically, the possibilities are endless and limited only to your creativity & imagination!

And at $35, this effect is worth considering.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
This is really good and highly recommended. Jason came in to Murphy's and demo 'd this for several of us and really blew us away. There are a lot of possibilities with this the ideas that Jason presents in Tube. Recommended.

Tim Trono
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Okay. I am way interested! This sounds fantastic. With the reccommendations I have read so far, this sounds like a sleeping monster.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
As mentioned above one of the intriguing factors of this is the now portability of sites such as Youtube. I have an iPhone and Youtube is obviously standard on this device. No more having to sit in front of a computer. After Jason performed Tube and then shared the workings (very clever) we instantly started brainstorming. This is one of those effects you'll love playing with.

Tim
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Jason, this sounds like a real winner, I will buy it immediately when it comes out.

Hurry...
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Thanks guys for the interest. I'm working hard to put the finishing touches on this. I've held nothing back, I want people to be able to perform this in any performing situation.

Tim, thanks for the kind words and all your help in brainstorming some further possibilities. One little gem that Tim came up with will be making it's way into TUBE.

With the advent of the iPhone and phones like it, you can really just use your phone as the prediction. Set it down on the table and after they've made their selection you have them turn on your phone and go to your YouTube page.

The great thing is YouTube has become such a common part of many people's everyday lives that it's only natural to have a prediction or some other effect that utilizes it. And since people use it so much, it's doesn't seem gimmicky to direct people to a YouTube video. I'm probably directed to YouTube videos 3 times a day anyway from friends and internet sites.

Which works out great because now we have a quick, reliable, affordable and virtually portable way to make a video prediction anywhere, anytime about anything using the TUBE system.

Ok, back to work....

For years I've been doing my version of signed card through window. It uses a very sneaky subtlety that would work well with the TUBE system for what I call "Sorta Signed Card Through Computer Screen." If I can research the credits for this in the next few days it'll be included with the TUBE system. It relies on something Tim and I discussed during our brainstorming session, so thanks again Tim!

For all intents and purposes, the spectator will see their signed card melt from the deck of cards through to your video, on the other side of the screen.....
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
This sounds great, I cant wait for it's release.

Mike
Jeffery_S
View Profile
New user
North East Tri-state area
1 Post

Profile of Jeffery_S
Jason,

I replied to your e-mail this morning... and the Tube sounds fantastic BTW!

Best-
Jeff
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Hi Jason,

Question for you.

How soon after they reveal their chosen thought can they go to the You Tube page for the reveal.

Thanks.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Does the video have to be of you or can it be a "video" with just like a picture of a card or text that says the card?
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Hi Jeff, Good seeing you around these parts!

Great questions guys.....

Verifythisnow,
The video can be of anything you want to predict. It can be a picture or text or anything. And for some of you who don't have or don't want to buy a webcam (I simply use the one built into my laptop) you could use a screen capture software to pull images off the web. There is enough public domain stuff out there to suit any need. Keep in mind that these days more and more digital photo cameras give you video capability as well as lots of phones. So it shouldn't be hard to come up with something......you could even record just your voice.....

Gilgamesh,
Good question. The method I use most often, the thought is revealed, they open my "prediction" slip of paper with the YouTube info on it, type it into the computer and play the video. It all happens very quickly and any secret stuff that needs to be done can be accomplished in seconds. Again, no switches or sleight of hand.
Depending on the method you choose to use (and this will be dictated by several things like the type of prediction you make and the performing environment) there is often no secret stuff to do. You upload the prediction weeks in advance and you're done. No secret stuff to worry about. Most of the time you can sit back and relax and watch your audience's jaws drop.
I hope I've answered your question....

Thanks again for all the interest....

Best,
Jason
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Thanks Jason, looking forward to this.
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Verifythisnow,

One of the things that I love about the TUBE system is the personal nature of the prediction, so keep that in mind when deciding what kind of image, text to use for your prediction. I only use video of myself personally and usually like to address the person I'm making the prediction for in the video. It adds a nice layer of interactivity.

Another strong point in having a personal video of yourself is it negates the idea that you're using some kind of sneaky software or other technological marvel (and since you're not there's no reason to even imply that you may be)....

If you're a professional worker, you now have a video calling card that you can leave with prospective clients long after you're gone. So you do a bit of magic and then leave them with the directions to view your prediction. Tell them not to open the envelope until they get home. When they get home they see your smiling face predicting their thoughts. This is a new way of leaving a personalized calling card for prospective clients.

Just some thoughts and thank you so much for your interest....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tube: A New Principle in Predictions (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL