The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tube: A New Principle in Predictions (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2084 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I'd like to commend Marc Spellman, as well, on his wonderful take on a fantastic effect.
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Looks like our friends over at Magic Geeks have a TUBE demo up, you can check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_PKbX-HhU
magic559
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of magic559
Does the effect that is done in the video require the accomplice? If that gets too close to tipping the method, I understand... I'm just trying to get a feel for how powerful the effect is when an accomplice is not used.
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Jason,

any news on the release of Tube2?
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1094 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Tube is my favorite release this year and I can't imagine a stronger effect on a spectator.

In todays times, using an accomplice in the way tube does is so easy,simple and invisible, I have no problem just the way it is.

It's all about how fair and direct it is and is not the type of effect a spectator could even imagine an accomplice at all, as the dates on the video and the fact you can be in a room of complete strangers makes this a true mystery on the deepest level.

It's not something you will do table hopping, but something very easy to do for an interview on that gig your trying to get, or when your at a party and you know someone is going to hit you up to do something, or a paid performace even, as in todays times a computer with internet is as common as a cell phone, so it can be done pretty much anywhere

Giving them the note at the very start and the dated video is such a lethal combination and all you have to do is pretty much nothing at all but present it with not one sign of deception, as there are zero actions on your part that could lead anyone to suspect anything and to me that is a rare and beautiful thing.

If you go to the trouble of setting it up, it would be worth it from the reactions you get, even if you only did it once, but I think if you went that far, you would use it more than you think, as after that, it is simply presenting it in a very open and direct way, which has to be the fairest looking effect you could hope for.

Very very rare that I would ever use a stooge, but Tube is an exeption and something I can setup in less than a minute.

The price you pay is nothing compared to the effect itself and I wished more effects had the impact Tube has.

If the old saying is true, that effect is everything, then Tube has it in spades!

I just wished I had thought of it.

Steve
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Wow, thanks Steve! That means a lot. There are a lot of people who are using this on a fairly regular basis to get some good publicity and book gigs. I'm glad I was convinced to share it with everyone (although a part of me wishes I kept it for myself to fry magicians with).

As for TUBE2, due to demand, it will have these two important features:
1. You will NOT have any need for a stooge. As long as you have a cell phone you can do the dirty work and even better than before.

2. You will NOT have to shoot any prediction videos. I am in the process of writing and producing some very interesting video predictions for all sorts of different things. You can still add your own videos if you'd like but the feedback I'm getting is people just don't have the time or the resources. So I want to make it as easy as possible to use and have fun with TUBE.

Basically, TUBE2 will be a plug and play version of TUBE. You can start using it literally minutes after purchasing it.

Any questions let me know!

Best,
Jason
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Jason, some people say you shouldn't use Tube to predict what card someone chose. Do you agree on that?

The video predictions you make, does that mean that another person than the performer reveals the prediction?
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I used tube other day to predict a country...any country in the world and I mean any country Smile Lot of work but so worth it Smile

You could indeed do it with a card.You could use Osterlinds BCS or simply force a card and go from there...

You could ask them to just call out a card...ask whats their favourite card in an off hand manner..then few minutes later perhaps after a different rountine you could simply ask them"Whats your favourite card again?" after they enter the link.. Gives impression that you didn't take note on what they said earlier or simply didn't hear them or they might even forget you asked them..Just place very little importance of the question when you first ask them Smile

Use verbal and physical subtleties and layers to make it even more impossible Smile

Pete
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Hi Guys,

Patrick,
You certainly could use it for cards but, in my humble opinion, why would you? There are plenty of great card tricks out there already. I'd use this for something different since you can use it for virtually anything.

As for the videos I'll be producing, the prediction will be tied to something the performer has on him. So if there is a box on the video, the performer will have the same box during the performance. We're working on using a few elements to tie it to the performer without it being the performer on screen. Does that make sense?

Pete,
Wow, any country in the world. I'm impressed! Would love to hear more about it if you want to shoot me a pm.

Thanks for the interest on all things TUBE, unfortunately, this will be a little ways off. Have a few big projects I have to complete before I can devote my full attention to this.

Best,
Jason
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Jason thanks, yes it did make sense. I already bought Tube some time ago but I'm still thinking of a very good routine to use it with.
Alysson Nishiyama
View Profile
New user
Brazil
53 Posts

Profile of Alysson Nishiyama
I really loved the reviews. But my only concern is if Tube is only in a form of a manuscript or there's a PDF version??
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jason Messina, creator of Tube, sent out an e-mail and one of the things he mentioned is as follows:

"TUBE was nominated as one of the tricks of the year over at itricks.com. I'm not really one for prizes or accolades, I do my best and kind of let it go after that. But, my mom somehow found out that I was mentioned on itricks and it would mean the world to her if I made it into the top 4. So, if you purchased TUBE and you liked it, wander over to itricks.com or email them at vote@itricks.com and tell them how much you liked TUBE. It would mean a lot to my mom. Either way, I'm happy".

Any fans of Tube and Jason's work might want to think about throwing support to our friend.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2008-12-01 02:44, Jason Messina wrote:
.…
As for TUBE2, due to demand, it will have these two important features:
1. You will NOT have any need for a stooge....

Any questions let me know!

Best,
Jason

Jason, you didn't mean to type "stooge," but rather "xxxxxxant," right? If not, I guess I didn't understand your post.

Arnon
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Jason,

is there a time scale for the release of Tube2?

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Jarod,

That's a good question. I'm very interested in Tube 2 as well. Something tells me it will be out AFTER Jason gets all the TA DVD sets shipped out and can finally catch up on some sleep.

Mario
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Here's something that I don't believe has been covered in the past 7 pages. Is there the potential to have other YouTube users comment on your prediction video prior to it being revealed to your audience?

Cheers,

Chris
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Quote:
On 2009-02-02 08:04, Guerrilla Magic wrote:
Here's something that I don't believe has been covered in the past 7 pages. Is there the potential to have other YouTube users comment on your prediction video prior to it being revealed to your audience?

Cheers,

Chris

You mean ala Slim? He did a great job with that superbowl prediction!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Chris,
When you record the video, all you need to do is hit the "disable comments" button in the edit menu so that no one can comment.

Nico
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Chris,

Nico is correct, however, I would say 99.9% of the time there isn't enough time for anyone to comment before the reveal.

Mario
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Anybody here have links to their youtube pages used during their routines?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tube: A New Principle in Predictions (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL