The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » High Caliber Magic Line (?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2008-05-17 12:38, Dustin Baker wrote:
Lyle, have you ever tried the Kangaroo Pouch?

http://stevensmagic.com/shopping/html/p948.htm

I've heard mixed opinions. It seems a bit big and I'm not a fan of flap closures on belt pouches.

check out our strolling pouch which gets rid of the flaps and is cheaper.
ask around and you'll see people really like it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 01:05, Frank Starsini wrote:
Quote:

I've heard mixed opinions. It seems a bit big and I'm not a fan of flap closures on belt pouches.

The strolling pouch also seems to have a much thinner profile. It looks like it's bigger than the Kangaroo pouch, but it also looks like it holds several times the amount of stuff.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
This is my new close up vest :

http://store.selfdefensearmory.com/share......sda&All=

What do you think? I can carry $2,000 worth of trick decks, coins, rope, cups and balls (in three metals).

Downside if I fall over I can get up......

seriously .... Decks of cards fit into dollar store cell phone holders the clip on to suspenders or belts. Squeeze purses hold coins separately. really what else do you need.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Ya' gotta' love the squeeze purses!
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 07:04, Dustin Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 01:05, Frank Starsini wrote:
Quote:

The strolling pouch also seems to have a much thinner profile. It looks like it's bigger than the Kangaroo pouch, but it also looks like it holds several times the amount of stuff.

Correct. It has a thin profile to be worn under a jacket without the bulge.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I've got Frank's "Strolling Pouch" and use it every day. It's a superbly crafted piece of kit, and DOESN'T look like a fanny pack, which I think is a bonus. I'd not be caught dead in a fanny pack.......but maybe that's just me.

Interestingly, I use Frank's pouch along with one of his color changing knife holders (which I asked him to sew a belt loop on), except I use the spring pouch which is normally for the "smash knife" finale to hold a Fast and Loose chain.

Finishing off this fine leather ensemble is a High Calibre Holster.

Frank's strolling pouch holds big items (like the SFS Chink-A-Chink) to small items (like Porpers poker chip effects). The nice thing is some of the small but expensive items like the poker chips not only have custom coin pockets to rest safely in, but the compartment those coin pockets are in also zips up tight for security.

Loaded full of stuff, this pouch doesn't bulge a properly fitted dress jacket at all.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Almost two years later, and here's my opinion: I had Joel make a special one for me, to use the things that I use, and get rid of those things I do not. Now, I can wear this under a vest, under a hoodie, or under a two-piece suit. I always have my 45 minute act with me. And, my pockets are free for business cards (mine or theirs) as well as pens, papers, tips (thumb or cash) and other miscellanea.

Those who criticize have never worn one, used one, or needed one. If you cram your pockets full of "stuff" your suit doesn't look tailored, it looks pudgy, and if your image doesn't matter, you're not a magician, you're either a trickster or a clown.

Huh.

Lee
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Well said Lee.
I love my HCM holster as well. Unless you've used one, you have no idea how liberating (and now essential) it really is. Worth every cent.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I must have hit the jackpot. I bought a holster, like that to carry my money, in a foreign country about 20 years ago and only spent eight (8) dollars.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Wow Jay...one awesome deal indeed!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I agree that the High Caliber Holsters are THE BEST SYSTEM EVER for the Strolling/Restaurant Worker. I give them my personal seal of approval. I don't know what I would do without one...it's really become my security blanket.

With that said...I'm selling mine! HA!!!! Seriously...NO JOKE!

I have a High Caliber Holster available for sale in the For Sale section of the Café'. It's an absolute awesome item to own if your doing strolling magic. The ONLY reason I'm letting mine go is b/c I am having Joel custom make another one for me (similar to what Lee had done but to fit my act) and am needing to help defray the cost of the new one.

As I said above...this is a Restaurant/Stroller's DREAM system to keep an entire nights worth of magic on your person and out of sight while keeping your pockets EMPTY! Here's a link to learn more: http://hcmagic.com/original.html

I have The Original (the big one). These sell NEW for $370.00. I will let this go for $300.00 with FREE SHIPPING if your in the USA.

PM me if your interested...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » High Caliber Magic Line (?) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL