The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got Ink? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Got Ink?

Yes?
No?
Why?
Why not?
If so, how many?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
As I said in the other thread, I use a pencil.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Er, I meant on your skin...

hey now...
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Justin, you have to start first because you thought up the thread. Those are the rules.

Show us your tats, baby!
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I have eight tats and four piercings.
I have them because I like them, and I like what they mean to me. Each one is like a bookmark in my life. I know exactly where I was and what I was going through when I got them. Some are good things, some not as good, but all important to remember.
It is kind of like a smell that flashes you back to a certain point in time. I look at one of my pieces and I am brought back instantly to a point in my life of importance.
I may not like everything in my history, but I will not forget the lessons learned.
There is probably an easier way to do that, but this is what works for me.
Gwyd
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I have two, and I wouldn't mind getting rid of one of them. I'm not ashamed of it or particularly bothered by it. It's just not a very good tattoo and is in a pretty visible place. The other one I would never get rid of.

I got them way before everyone and their brothers started getting tattoos. Before all the celebs started getting them. When I got mine, tattoos were still pretty much for bikers, gang members, prisoners and military men.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I don't have any, I'm too much of a ....

I do have one pierced ear, 1975. Used to be called all kinds of names because of it. In my H.S. yearbook, I just might be the ONLY boy with a piercing. When I was in the navy, men were not allowed to wear ear rings.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I got a tattoo in 1989 and have meant to get another ever since but I tend to procrastinate.

Justin - it just feels like gravel rash and I imagine, as a cyclist, you are used to that.

Destiny
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2008-04-24 12:00, Vandy Grift wrote:
When I got mine, tattoos were still pretty much for bikers, gang members, prisoners and military men.

And which one were you at the time?

My guess is the Marine Corps, but I'm just guessing.

I'm 45, and never thought of getting a tattoo (especially once it became fashionable) until last Sunday. I was watching a documentary about a mummy they found in Mangolia --a mummified Scythian warrior--and he has a tattoo. And I have this urge to get a reproduction of his tattoo. It's just an urge.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yes I was in the Marines, and I was determined to get a tattoo. I wanted one even as a little kid. I used to paint skulls and cross bones on my forearms with my sisters pink nail polish when I was like 6 years old. When it dried it pulled the skin and hurt like hell. Hurt worse than the actual tattoos, which didn't hurt at all. LOL!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Left arm has an ace of spades and an ace of hearts, as well as a girl's name. Right arm has a skull. On my back is a red & black wolf under a full moon with clouds passing in front of it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I can't believe that I see high school kids with tattoos nowadays.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Lobo, what ace of spades? regular bikes? or just the spade design?

I have often thought of a tattoo, just no good ideas...

kevin
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Yes, I have eight of 'em, much to the chagrin of my wife. Blue balloon dog on the right shoulder, a Chance Wolf-designed rabbit from a hat on the left shoulder (not a stock image stolen from the Wolf's Magic site, EITHER!), an image of Bugs Bunny sawing Daffy Duck in half in a box while Bugs is wearing a turban (I believe it's from a 1943 cartoon) on my right thigh, a large straw-style voodoo doll on the left thigh, a fleur de lei made from a rocket ship with the smoke/stars coming out, purple heart, the words "YOUR NAME" and a "kiss mark" (lip prints" somewhere private that nobody ever sees....

Now to go plan the next one. Please to notice that NONE of mine are visible unless I want you to see them. Bible belt, and the upscale women whose children I entertain weekly probably wouldn't understand.

Steve
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3207 Posts

Profile of gaddy
A large dragon on my right upper arm, and a scorpion at the nape of my neck...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
No ink, but I do have carbon. My brother stabbed me in the wrist with a pencil when we were children, the carbon is still there.

Tattooing was illegal here, and I never really thought of it when I lived elsewhere. Living in Asia for 10 years, it was not appropriate (there was a larger stigma attached to them at that time).

Both of my children have them, perhaps I will get one someday. I’ve watched the shows and have seen the progress for the nasty looking blue/green blobs to works of true art.

Tony
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
A flower-filled, flaming turquoise heart that covers almost all of my left shoulder.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
A blue line at the base of my thumb. I was opening up paint dye with a screwdriver. It's not a "real" tattoo unless you use a screwdriver and paint dye.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Like Tony and Josh, I have an accidental mark. A pen nib under a fingernail (OUCH!) during calligraphy class ca. 1978 left a black smudge that's still there.
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
I have four and want MORE!

All are 'hidden' by business attire (read that: Even short sleeved shirts), but all mean a great deal to me...The most significant is the first one, it's the Japanese Idogram (sp??) for Determination...Got that one when my Neurologist told me my Brain Tumor wasn't gonna kill me....That was 1990'ish....

The other three I adore and don't regret at ALL....

Actually, I'm 'itchin to be inked'....Got the need for ink....

I know what I want next (a photo-realistic portrait of my Wolf 'Zeus'), but I haven't found an artist that I trust enough yet to do it...

"We shall not ink before it's time"...

LOL

Long live the 'painted' ones!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got Ink? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL