The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Basics for Performing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twiztedmusky
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of twiztedmusky
I was wondering, when people say they work at a restuarant do they mean hired by them or just going around table to table? What is a good way to approach managment of a restaurant to see about performing or anything to that effect? Basically asking how to get a gig? Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
You might want to start your quest here!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=5

Cheers!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Isramagia
View Profile
Regular user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
114 Posts

Profile of Isramagia
There are several excellent books to get you started. I believe they are listed in the above mentioned thread. Happy reading; it continues to be a fun and exciting journey. Smile Smile
Izzy
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
If they are accurate, magicians who say they are performing at a restaurant are, in fact, hired by the restaurant management.
As other posters have mentioned, there are many, many books (including my own lectue notes, Real-Life Table Hopping) that cover the approach situation.
Far too many to go into here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Basics for Performing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL