The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Converting a regular cup to a chop cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I have a set of Sherwood engraved copper cups and would like to obtain a matching chop cup. Brett Sherwood advises that he doesn't have any and at this time that there are no plans to make any more. I've posted a WTB in the Tricks and Effects thread but haven't had anyone come forward as yet.

Anyways I was playing around with the Sherwood cups and also a Thomas Wayne coffee mug chop cup and I started wondering if a regular Sherwood copper cup could be "converted" into a chop cup by using a stronger m***e* in the crocheted balls? I was thinking about some kind of PK m***e* that could be added to a ball. It would have to be just the right strength so that ball holds but isn't glued on. Has anyone thought of this, tried this or have any thoughts or suggestions as to how this could be done or even if it can be done? I've never owned any PK's and so I don't know anything about their size, strength and so on.

Thanks for your help with this.

jeff
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Jeff,
that is one way to accomplish what you need, if you PM me your phone # I'll be happy to call and explain another option for you that you apply to the cup.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
539 Posts

Profile of Carducci
I've seen it done with a PK ring (in this case, the magi turned a Styrofoam cup into a chop cup)

It all depends on whether you can justify wearing a PK ring (most look like wedding bands) and if you can find one which is strong enough.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If you use a ring, then fine control of the strength isn't an issue. You'll want the stronger m***tic balls rather than simply metal core so you can "feel" the pull through the walls of the cup.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have posted what you need to know here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=37&0
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
You know those little Pringle's cans? The single (or so) serving size kind? Those are Chop Cups. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Converting a regular cup to a chop cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL