The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Merv Taylor Por-Mor-Fil-Mor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of CanadianMagicguy
I have had this effect(the little metal pour pot and the special milkshake style glass)complete with the shot glasses in the distinctive red and black box in my magic cabinet for over 20 years now. I have never had a set of instructions or even seen a description of the routine - although it is fairly simple to figure out by looking at it: liquid poured from a metal "creamer" (that's what it looks like to me!) fills up six shot glasses, then a large milkshake glass. I searched the Café and could only find a brief description from 2004 when Bev Bergeron was auctioning off some of his magic equipment -

"The little pot that pours and pours small drinks and then the big one. Given to Bev by Harry Willard in 1948. Also a special routine given to Bev by Tommy Windsor, which allows one to seemingly pour even more drinks out of the container. A box of shot glasses included."
Apparently the opening bid on the set four years ago was $100.00 - I imagine it went for a little more than that.

Does anyone out there have the original instructions and routine he/she would be willing to share, or know what the special routine by Tommy Windsor was? I have always been curious to see what written material actually came with the boxed set (I understand that back then you could also purchase the creamer seperately from Merv).
I would appreciate any help a fellow Por-Mor-Fil-Mor owner could give me. Thanks in advance.
Bruce Hunt
"Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef"
martinka
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of martinka
Give our shop a call and someone should be able to pull a copy from our files for you. 201-444-7576

Ted
www.martinka.com

"Buying & Selling Magic for over 100 Years"
CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

Thanks Ted, I'll do that!

Bruce
CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

I called the Martinka shop this morning and the lovely lady who answered the phone (I'm sorry, I forgot her name!) will be sending me out a copy. Now that is real service! Thanks again Ted and to your great staff at Martinka!

Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Merv Taylor Por-Mor-Fil-Mor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL