The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What trick is this (and where to find it)! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I have been looking for something I saw a while ago (on youtube maybe) where an older gentleman performed a packet trick that I think was color monte, but the ending shows that some of the cards have a bright reflective backing (or was it front). I don't remember if this was actually color monte or not, but now I can't find the video or any mention of such a trick on the forum.

Any ideas?
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Sounds like "Done With Mirrors" which is not really very similar to Color Monte. It's more like a variation of "Twisting the Aces."
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I'm not sure that's it.

I forgot to say that the reflective backing is patterned like a wide version of a bee card back, and each card is bright blue or red or some such color. So it's not a "mirrored" type surface....
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Magicbob could well be right though loyal eagle. 'Done with mirrors' has all sorts of varients - whereby the backs turn out to be bright or original colour backs or patterns. The trick you mention sounds very much like it.
mrsmiles
(UK)
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I just checked out a video of "Done with mirrors" and though it is a cool trick...I feel like that wasn't it. I'm pretty sure that the effect included the "move" (alignment) from color monte, though that probably could be worked into a done with mirrors routine. Also, I'm not sure every card turned out to be technicolor at then end. Why can't I remember where I saw it!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Bob King has a trick called Mirreversal.. Might be close.
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
Sounds like Rainbow Cascade, a version of Roy Walton's Cascade distributed by Davenports Magic. I've been wanting that effect myself for some time but the exchange rate and the cost of shipping it from the UK makes it a bit too expensive for my taste (£12.50 total).

http://tinyurl.com/4dtvap

YouTube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqNXAZ8jjvE&feature=related

-Dan
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
YES Rainbow Cascade! That's IT! Thanks so much, I knew somebody would know it.

Here is the video I originally saw it in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7khphXI-naE

Anybody know if one can be gotten state-side (or made by a cardsmith) and what counts/other handlings are needed? I'm terrible at picking out which ones are used from a video.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Sold by Davenports in the U.K. and uses an Elmsley count.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Loyaleagle, if you like "Rainbow Cascade", you might like John Bannon's take on the "Cascade" effect, "The Royal Scam"

http://www.johnbannonmagic.com/fractalca......cam.html

Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I plan to get that one....but I don't have time to focus on the Hamman count...finals are looming! Overall I am really liking the John Bannon tricks.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
John includes an alternate handling using the glide, instead of the Hamman Count. Good luck with finals!
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Rainbow cascade is a great effect, gets great reactions, is very easy (as Paul mentioned, all you need is an elmsley count and a decent patter), and is great value for money.

Get it - you wont regret it, especially as Davenports are now producing the cards from Bicycle stock, I think the old sets used to be Piatnik (sp?) and weren't as nice to handly IMHO
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What trick is this (and where to find it)! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL