The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Earl Nelson variations and frank simon versatile (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gryphon Magic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Gryphon Magic
I just bought "variations revisited" and "versatile card magic revisited"

What Should I look for when these books arrive?

Any Reviews?

Gryphon
Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
I can's comment on the Simon book as I don't have it. I have Variations Revisited.
Reset is cool but I got used to performing it close to the way Ammar teaches on his videos. Phil Goldstein's variation on the Elmsley classics is simple, direct and plays well. His colorchanging deck is a real fooler but you gotta be sitting. The haunted card gets amazing reactions. About Faces Aces is well-thought of miracle but I prefer the version Bill Malone does on his video. Sleeve Aces--no comment about this one. If you are onto cards you already know how powerful it is.

Ring and Rope section I haven't tried yet but time will tell. Hit and Roll Aces, a version of Roll Over Aces is a cool and offbeat way of producing the Aces and If you never tried Travellers or other invisible palm aces routines you're gonna love it.
By the way, I'm gonna get bashed for this but MVP move is not something I'll be using soon unless I grow to appreciate it more.

Anyone can describe the Frank Simon book, please? Thanks
halcon
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of halcon
I liked Variation revisited. I would have liked to see more original stuff.

Halcon
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
130 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
With respect to the Frank Simon book (a GEM): start with the versatile spread control -- which is indetectable if done properly and can withstand the most scrutinizing "burn" imaginable. Then try to learn the versatile control spread palm. It t'aint easy, but it's beautiful, natural, and will also "beat" any person who is burning you. The DVD in which Earl Nelson teaches many moves from the book may be of help if you find yourself having problems.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I have both books and the DVD and I like them both.If you want to learn some good magic get them both.Get the DVD also as it helps understand the effects from "Versatile Card Magic". Smile
Chris Larson
View Profile
New user
Sacramento Ca
20 Posts

Profile of Chris Larson
Where is the video with Earl Nelson doing these moves available at? I have not seen this yet on any websites. My wife and myself sat with Earl at Houdini's lounge and had a card session till wee hours in the morning for two evening's. I would enjoy getting the tape. Earl is the best and most friendly person in magic that I have met. He will blow your mind with his effortless sleights.
SCGillett
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of SCGillett
Hank Lee has it: http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/search......nk+simon

Buy it from Richard Hatch at magicbookshop.com if he has it. He is a great guy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Earl Nelson variations and frank simon versatile (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL