The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..12~13~14 [Next]
teoswand
View Profile
Regular user
usa
108 Posts

Profile of teoswand
Is
itrmagictricks.com
secure and safe site to shop magic supplys..
Is anyone customer already there?
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
The Best:
Hocus Pocus - you can call them and they rock in CS above and beyond, CS=customer service
H & R books - outstanding CS, lightning shipping
Hermetic Press - Outstanding CS, notifies you if anything is wrong. They communicate!
MadHatter - what everybody else said. great experience
Penquin - what everybody else said. great experience
A few sites from the U.K. - WOW, some unique items (really) and the overseas shipping is mind boggling. I kid you not when I say I got something from them faster compared to someplace in the east coast to the west coast, all orders placed same day within 30 minutes of each other. ok, 1, Michael Vincent's online shop.
Lybrary - for ebooks - awsome, lower price because of digital format and delivery is as fast as you can push the return key.
Magic Warehouse - I think pretty good, can't remember but I think pretty great service from checkout to doorstep.
Amazon - of course depends on what it is, mostly books - pretty speedy as long as it is not a third party site.

: (
Tannens - slow shipping
Magic Vault slow shipping
E-bay - they love shipping media mail and charge 3x for S&H, what's up with that. booo

Not sure, first time transactions pending:
Magic Management - great prices like I maybe should not have even mentioned them. John is great in followup emails and responsive!!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
But of course support you local shop if your lucky to have one in your vicinity!!!!!
teoswand
View Profile
Regular user
usa
108 Posts

Profile of teoswand
Yeah, but Hocus Pocus badly need new site design...
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I second that one with the Hocus Pocus design, but otherwise a good site.
cyberdog
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of cyberdog
Penguinmagic.com and theory11 are the best
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
257 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
I like the Magic Warehouse. Good site,well stocked,fast shipping, and good prices. That's my vote.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I will put my vote for Madhatter Magic Shop. If the item is from a specific Magician/Creator like Jay Sankey or Aldo Colombini I like to go to them directly. But for an online Magic Shop you can not beat Madhatter. Of course if you have a local Magic Shop I would strongly recommend supporting them. I don't but wish I did.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-05-06 15:00, Thales wrote:
I will put my vote for Madhatter Magic Shop. If the item is from a specific Magician/Creator like Jay Sankey or Aldo Colombini I like to go to them directly. But for an online Magic Shop you can not beat Madhatter. Of course if you have a local Magic Shop I would strongly recommend supporting them. I don't but wish I did.

You don't support your local magic shop but wish you did? Or, you don't have a local magic shop and you wish you did so you could support them? Smile

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I do not have a local magic shop but wish I did so that I could support them as I have recommend others, who happen to have a local magic shop, do. Sorry for the ambiguous nature of my previous post. Smile
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Bill Groome at Madhatter is great and I order from them regularly. Great prices, great customer service, quick shipping.

When I have to have something quick though, I order from MagicWarehouse. They are only about 90 miles away from me and normally get me my order, next day.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
That's SO true about Bill Groome at Madhatter. He is great to speak with. And there's also Angie (I believe that's her name) and they both just make you feel completely comfortable and satisfied when you hang up the phone. It's the best customer service I dealt with. Once again I'm not saying the other shops I mentioned are bad, because they are good, it just seems to me the people at Madhatter take that "extra step" for you. They've done things for me other sites never did. And once again the prices are dirt cheap. I recently bought "Martini's Magic You Can Make" DVD and other sites had it for $20, $30, and one $40. I got it for $8 at Madhatter. Thst's how a lot of their products are. Don't know why, but its is.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Bill Groome gave me a great deal on a Stealth Assassin Wallet when it was out of stock every where else. Thanks Bill.

Sincerely,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
BTW, the magic warehouse just revamped their site. Looks great!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
The Ambitious Card gives some of the best customer service in my opinion.

Thanks Frank!
"But there isn't a door"
dlemberg
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, WA
31 Posts

Profile of dlemberg
Quote:
On 2009-03-08 14:25, auriuspd wrote:
Like most magicians, I have purchased from may sites over the years. I have found MJM Magic, The Magic Warehouse, Out-Law Magic great is price and service. I also like Hocus-Pocus but I wish they were a little clearer on the shipping charge at the time you place your order via the internet. I have used Hank Lee in the past and visited their Boston city store before it closed. My main concern with Hanklee is that a large portion of items on the website and catalog are listed but out of stock and not obtainable. Refunds/credits are obtained but it is very aggravating to be waiting for an item which will never come.
Recently I came across a new magic store to me at http://www.MAGICPLACE.US The Magic Place had great prices and quick email responses to questions. Currently, all of their JB Magic tricks are 20% off and new customers (who sign up for the newsletter) and returning customers get an additional5% discount. I would highly recommend you checking out this site and comparing it to some of the other sites above. I do not work for any of the above sites and have no financial ties to any magic site.

Thanks for the nice words. We have a large inventory of magic that is ready to ship today. We also have fast special order for things that we don't have in stock that usually ships in 2-3 days. All my returning customers get a 5% discount for life (no code to remember). Also when you register at my site if you check your email right after registering you get a code for 5% off that you can use right away. Most of the time the store prices are 10% off retail prices (which means you can get them for 15% off). Watch Magic magazine and MUM magazine for bigger sales. Another big sale coming up in June. Give us a try I am sure you will like us and our prices. Free shipping over $25.00.

David Lemberg
dlemberg@magicplace.us
Owner
<a href=http://magicplace.us>The Magic Place</a>
clownmagic
View Profile
New user
Fallsview, NY
41 Posts

Profile of clownmagic
MagicVault is by far the best. Fast shipping, and if they happen to be out of stock they included some really nice gifts to help make up for it. I email them and get a quick reply and they always have great advice and information to share. I had a problem with an item I didn't even purchase from them and they helped me get it resolved with the maker! now that's customer service! They also special order anything you need that isn't on the website. The prices are very good also. Sure there may be a site that is a dime or two cheaper, but in most cases I have not found better prices on what I buy. I like knowing I am getting my stuff from somewhere that is not being run out of someone's garage or basement. I plan on taking a trip to the MagicVault store when they get the new location and open the performing theater.

Really good guys to deal with. I cannot say enough good things about them and will support them any way I can.

I have also had great experiences with outlaw-effects.com for unique mentalism items. Roth is a good guy to deal with as well.
Jamie_H
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
65 Posts

Profile of Jamie_H
Elmwood magic has worked well for me! Quick shipping!
smith4201
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of smith4201
Penguin has been very good in my experience.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 15:06, clownmagic wrote:
MagicVault is by far the best. Fast shipping, and if they happen to be out of stock they included some really nice gifts to help make up for it. I email them and get a quick reply and they always have great advice and information to share. I had a problem with an item I didn't even purchase from them and they helped me get it resolved with the maker! now that's customer service! They also special order anything you need that isn't on the website. The prices are very good also. Sure there may be a site that is a dime or two cheaper, but in most cases I have not found better prices on what I buy. I like knowing I am getting my stuff from somewhere that is not being run out of someone's garage or basement. I plan on taking a trip to the MagicVault store when they get the new location and open the performing theater.

Really good guys to deal with. I cannot say enough good things about them and will support them any way I can.

I have also had great experiences with outlaw-effects.com for unique mentalism items. Roth is a good guy to deal with as well.

I would have to say MagicVault as well. Their service is prompt an excellent, their website meticulous, and the prices are superb.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL