The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
Magic 4 Less ripped me off to! A while back I ordered some things and a couple were defective. I called several timnes and e-mailed and got no reply. Simce I had had a prior order the year before without a problem although still not having this problem resolved I stupidly ordered a few more things. Several weeks later I still do not have the items. And although it was a small order (under $50) its the principal of the thing with me now. I again have e-mailed 3 times and gotten no reply but my credit card was charged!! Okay I know 'once burned shame on you, twice burned shame on me" BUT any suggestions on what to do next?
adamferrucci
View Profile
Regular user
Newfield, NJ
169 Posts

Profile of adamferrucci
Tennispro,
If I were you and I never received an order after a reasonable amount of time I would dispute the charge with my credit card company.
Making Birthdays Magical!
www.adamferrucci.com

www.adamsmagicstore.com
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
Thanks I will try to do that. Does anyone have a contact number that works for the guy who operates Magic for Less. I think the name is Robert Bowden or something like that and he lives in Utah?
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I have ordered from a number of stores through the years and received good service from most. I do like ordering from Denny & Lee Magic Studio. Denny answers the phone and is always willing to share his honest recommendations if asked. They have been in business a long time and are great supporters of the magic community. I only wished I lived closer to his store so I could attend the many great lectures he hosts.
manofcards
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of manofcards
I'm surprised that only one other person has mentioned H and R magic. No, they don't have a flashy site with tons of videos, but there selection is bar none. I can almost always find what I need by shopping there. http://www.magicbookshop.com
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of Picard
What online store would you suggest for people in Europe? (so as to cut the shipping costs of course)
ijohan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of ijohan
I live in Indonesia and I've been ordering few years ago. That time I ordered from Hocus Pocus, Hank Lee, MJM, Magic Proshop, and Elmwood. Only 1 small packet trick from elmwood didn't get through and when I emailed them, they just said it's been sent, so I never bother to email them back as I think they didn't want to know about it. This year I tried Penguin Magic (they didn't send to Indonesia few years ago) and succeed, I'm happy with the price and shipping cost. Hank Lee is a bit dissapointing, he replies quickly when I was going to order but after ordered and has question, he never replied me back, 4th email already sent this morning let's hope he'll answer me. emagicsupply has free shipping worldwide if Picard interested and magictrickstore.com also has good price, I've never ordered from them so far though, maybe in the future I'll try more store if the price + shipping is cheaper.
ijohan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of ijohan
Quote:
On 2010-02-17 06:22, Swann101 wrote:
I am strugling with hank lee at the moment. I ordered meteors through them end of last year where they ran a special, for where you get the same amount of free magic as the order you place. In this case is was $499. I emailed them before I placed my order to asked if all was in order and if I orderd meteors I would recieve $499 of free magic to which they replied, "Yes, that is right all is in order" I was also charged over $100 shipping for meteors! They said that my shipping charge would be amended, as where through other magic shops, similar sized items, my shipping is usualy about $15 (internatinal shipping). Well no free magic arrived, and my shipping charge has not amended. I emailed them again, and they said they will sort out the problem, which they haven't and now they are not replying to my emails. Realy pathetic, I will never do business with them again!!!

Same here, shipping charge for a wallet using same service is doubled at Hank Lee compared to other shop. And not ammended too.
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Hi, Can anyone find anywheregive a review on Emagictricks.co.uk? They have an item I can't find anywhere else and was interested to see if anyone had an opinion. I didn't see them mentioned on this thread!

Rick
ChadB
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ChadB
Have a look at http://www.redspade.co.za

An online shop based in Johannesburg, South Africa.

If you have any questions, just send through an email from the "contact us" page.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
On 2008-10-24 06:05, WV wrote:
Does anyone know of any online magic shops in South Africa. I have found http://www.magicshop.co.za - but they don't have that much stuff? If there are any SA magicians out there your input will help. Being in SA means currency conversion. Eg. $3000 is equal to R 7500 for a monthly salary. I recently spent $300 on tricks, which is 10% of the "salary", but in SA, R 750 (10%) can't get you a fraction of the stuff that $300 does. I would have to spend aproximate 36% of the R 7500 to get the same amount. PLUS, there are foreign shipping cost, insurance (cause things do go missing) and not to mention inport tax! All in all, I would really like to have an SA site that sells more than the one I mentioned. We don't even have magic shops you can physically visit....so far I spent about R 6000.00 and that is not the same "value" as $550!! Well, It's 2 and a half times more than my rent!
MartiniMagic
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of MartiniMagic
Is Magic Legends still in business?
Xaerius
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Xaerius
Outlaw Effects and Magic Geek for me so far. Smile

Nigel
dykstraj99
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of dykstraj99
Daytona magic was very willing to work with me. I bought a sp**t coin from them. I thought is was slightly defective. They switched it without any problems.
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
57 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
Emagicsupply.com has reasonable pricing. Smile
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
Anyone had any experience with Abbott Magic (good or bad)? I don't see them mentioned on this thread. I ordered an item they have an exclusive on last week. I started emailing to check on the status of my order and got no response after a couple of emails went unanswered. Today I tried calling their regular line and their toll free order line and got no answer on either. I was wondering if this was their typical customer service or is there a problem. The credit card payment went through last week, but they don't seem to have ever filled & shipped the order. Not a good start for a first time customer!
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
625 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Heck, my favorite magic stores are the Café and SME. Can get pretty much anything I want at an unbeatable cost. The community ships fast too.
ReetDeeDee
View Profile
New user
Scotland
19 Posts

Profile of ReetDeeDee
I usually check out Hocus-Pocus, as they have regular special offers with up to 35% off discountable items. At the moment there are still "2 Days Left of Savings 33% OFF!". They also do 'Free delivery Worldwide' on certain items - You can find them by entering 'worldwide' into the product search box. These are mostly 'No Discount' items.
I have ordered from here on several occasions and am pleased with the items I've received, the packaging and shipment times. Everything I have ordered has made it to my mailbox in Thailand without incident Smile

It is possible to get some great deals by checking out the Cool Box offers on Penguin Magic. Both sites have similar items and Penguin do Free Worldwide shipping on certain "Flat-Pack" items. I am also a fan of the LIVE lectures on 'Instant download'. I have only just taken advantage of their '5 for $99' deal, which I am hoping to receive soon (depending on how long it takes to clear Thai customs).

Since I live in Thailand, I quite often use Maxello Magic. In general their stuff is more expensive than other sites, but as they are also located in Thailand, there is no shipping charge (for me). The other bonus for me, is that most orders arrive within 2 or 3 days and there is local shipment tracking.
At the moment they have 40% off all items, so they may be worth a look.

There are other online magic stores, but my experiences are limited to those I have mentioned.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Sent an email to Elmwood many times regarding a book but never got a reply. Makes me wonder what their after sales support will be like.
InstantMagicBen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of InstantMagicBen
Hocus Pocus Discounts are regular, and penguin magic deals are fantastic!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4950 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I like all shops I buy from, most of them are ok.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL