The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
Arsenal
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
81 Posts

Profile of Arsenal
I always buy things from Penguin Magic.
Even with $23 FedEx shipping to the UK, it's still cheaper than ordering in the UK.
And probably due to luck, my Penguin orders never got hit with import tax.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5351 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 23:00, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
Heck, my favorite magic stores are the Café and SME. Can get pretty much anything I want at an unbeatable cost. The community ships fast too.

I agree 100%. Tons of great sellers and deals right here on The Café. And Stevens Magic Emporium is a discerning seller that only offers quality effects. Great personal service.

I'll throw out another thumbs up for Hocus Pocus. They've always done fine by me, and I like their huge range of products and collectible props.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
I like penguin magic
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Does Penguin ship overseas? I'm interested.
Stefan_sny
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Stefan_sny
Penguin has a wide variety but even Amazon has tricks for cheaper shipping costs.Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Penquin is a great online store..
RobFromNZ
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
99 Posts

Profile of RobFromNZ
I looked at buying a $35 book from Penguin, but it was going to cost $27 to ship it to NZ.

I now just buy books from bookdepository.com (free shipping), and look for magic with "everyday items". The cost of shipping makes magic incredibly expensive in New Zealand...
gadir
View Profile
New user
Reseda, California
60 Posts

Profile of gadir
Penguin Magic is great but I also appreciate Murphys Magic for the Interviews they have on Tuesdays.
nytaylor21
View Profile
New user
Utah
55 Posts

Profile of nytaylor21
Another vote for Penguin from me. Have always given me good customer service.
crip
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of crip
Taylors Magic (Australia) store has good service if you need something special.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5942 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have the same problem as Rob from NZ, here on the island of Majorca the shipping costs are prohibitive. It can cost more than the item you are buying.I recently was going to order from SEO, its was an origami effect, they wanted something silly for shipping so I ordered the same thing from Meir Yedid and the shipping was free ! Guess where I WI'll be ordering in future.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3679 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am constantly amazed by how Penguin Magic just blows most sites out of the water. Sometimes it's in the little things. I received a package from another online store and they used USPS bubble shipping envelopes as packing material. That just seemed dishonest. I was so turned off. Other websites make it more difficult to download. I think for anyone setting up a website, they should study Penguin and how they do business. I heard Acar say in an interview that they studies all the major websites for months before creating Penguin.
KJ
Amro
View Profile
New user
Room 217
52 Posts

Profile of Amro
All together I think penguin does it best but I also can recommend alakazam and magicbox.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1685 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I probably already said Penguin earlier in this thread, but I also love Laflin Magic; the family is really very nice. And Silk Magic Tricks is another of my faves.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I also always go with penguin
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Penguin. For one thing, I'm supporting the local economy.
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
Lot's of Penguin fans here! I add my fandom of Penguin as well.

Their customer service is definitely excellent. I have only had very few MINOR issues, but they never cease to go above and beyond to make sure everything works out.

Also, that video they send of them packing your stuff is really cool!
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
I use mainly Penguinmagic.com. Great service!
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Penguin: fast service, even to Australia, and good shipping price through fed-ex. Madhatter: pretty fast considering where they ship from, and shipping is also a fair price. Certainly cheaper than buying from a shop in Oz.
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
I price shop, including shipping. Penguin usually wins and they ship fast. Things that can go in a flat envelope ship free.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL