The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12~13~14 [Next]
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Depends on what I want. For general supplies (cards--straight and gaffed, plain silks, thumbtips, Tarbells course etc etc) I've been using Mad Hatter. Bill Groome gives absolutely EXCELLENT service and great advice and communication, and his prices are hard to beat!

I buy things like my Babcock Rainbow Die Box, my Himber Nest of Boxes, things like that from Stevens. They are incredibly efficient and astonishingly fast (I live in Sydney and the mail is incredible from Stevens).

Lately I've got some beautiful effects from Harries in Sweden--a large cylinder cabinet, die penetration, Perfect Match. Once again, exceptional service and fast shipping. These items are definitely one-of-a-kind in terms of their design and Harries is a great place to buy from.

Recently I bought an Oriental Watch Box from Michael Baker at the Magic Factory. A great item and great service.

And then there are the limited edition items. I've had things made by Francois Danis in France and Peter Austin. Both men have been great to deal with (I'll be receiving these items in the next week or so).

All of these have been online deals.

G
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
105 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
I agree with all the suggestions made above. My favorites...and I have shopped around quite a bit... are:

loomismagic.com - great discounts, great service
magicwarehouse.com - prices aren't quite as good, but incredible service
stevensmagic.com - great selection of unique magic
http://www.ronjo.com/magic.html - great prices, great service

My two cents...
Vaughn Ver Steegt
View Profile
New user
Janesville, Iowa
56 Posts

Profile of Vaughn Ver Steegt
One of the first stores I used was Elmwood Magic. I still order from them and get great service. I have about 20 stores listed under my favorites but keep sending my money to Elmwood, Hocus Pocus and Hank Lee. People mention that they have problems with Hank but the only time I've had a problem they corrected it right away. I also like Daytona Magic, Magicwarehouse, Lockfamilymagic and Dazzle Magic.
magicnix
View Profile
New user
North Eastern CA
51 Posts

Profile of magicnix
The online shops I use:

Penquin Magic - the bonuses are great, when in stock. I've gone a little overboard in ordering just to get to that next bonus level.

Magic Pro Shop - very fast shipping.

Magic 4 Less - great prices and very fast shipping; doesn't have a large selection though.

I used Fun Tyme Magic until last year. I received an order that reeked of cigerette smoke and did not come with any instructions for an item. When I emailed asking for instructions, I never received a reply.
M2MAGIC
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of M2MAGIC
For me First of all I Start with :

1- http://www.thetrickery.com
Mr.Howard is the Owner
He is a Very nice person with a great help and Advice
even he well say if this Item is good for you or no some time
I used to prepare my wish list and ask him to Remove for me what I may don't like
and sure he do without any problem if you well ask him why he well Explain then its up to you if you want to Return it back more then this Top Customer Service
very fast in answering the Questions .
more then this now we become a Friends witch I like also we chat in the MSN

2- http://www.elmwoodmagic.com
Mr.Paul is the Owner
elmwood is a very nice magic shop nice design easy to use Fast server nice offer
what you well see it in elmwood but I don't think you can find in anther that's I
send him a Question for some items I get the Replay within 3 hour or less but not more then 10 Horus really nice and also you get the Advice from him.

whats nice for both site :

1- Nice Design witch it help me allot
2- The Owner whom Receive Questions and Send Answer (Important point)
not like other shop they have staff whom don't like to work and the owner
don't know what happen to his shop or what the Customers Suffering from
3- If you Cancel your Order before shipping no Charge
4- you can Return the Items without and problem
5- I hope I didn't forget anythings

Big Thanks for Mr.Howard and Mr.Paul

lets go for the newest web I am dealing with

3- http://www.magicproshop.com
Mr.Peter is the Owner
The Fastest Site whom Sell the New Items befor anyone when other show you items
in Coming soon you well find it in magicproshop for shipping its really fast
the best price you well ever see with every order you well be lucky to have a
gift and some time you well be more lucky to get Coupon for Discount
more fast in shipping the only things I didn't like that's I when I send a Question
I Receive the answer after few days maybe a week you should tray this one .
I am sure you well like it.

Note: I don't think you could talk to Mr.Peter only his Staff

Thees are the Best in the World of MAGIC.
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Oh, I've got to say, I just received an order from Daytona Magic--two spring rabbits. They arrived in Sydney, Australia, in only six days from time of order (which is super-fast). Excellent!

Geoffrey
mindfreak2.0
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of mindfreak2.0
It all depends on what trick you are looking for
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Penguinmagic is good
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Have just ordered the deluxe ring grinder online from CW. Their service is great--there was an error in the postage amount I paid and they refunded it via Paypal immediately, without me even realizing the error had been made in the first place. They are a class act.

Geoffrey
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Of course, it is not any "Best online store", they are all good Smile

-Morten-
Joe Montgomery
View Profile
New user
USA
5 Posts

Profile of Joe Montgomery
I personally have used Ellusionist and a local store, but I plan to give http://www.tannens.com a try soon, their store seems quite stocked and reputable.
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
355 Posts

Profile of magicone
My favorites are Lockfamilymagic.com , penguinmagic.com and thetrickery.com

Have had several issues with Hank Lee
Gerardo
View Profile
New user
Mexico
3 Posts

Profile of Gerardo
I think penguinmagic is great, but I live in Mexico and shipping is expensive. So if you live in Mexico, you should take a look at asmagia.com & lacasadelamagia.net these are two of the few (very few) online magic stores in Mexico. But I have to warn you.. asmagia.com shipping is not fast at all. But not many alternatives.
ditjen
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ditjen
Cool thread. I just added about 2 dozen web sites to my magic shop bookmarks from this thread. Great info.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Let me put another plug in for Diamond's Magic, but I suggest actually going down to the shop in person.

Online is convenient, but there really is no substitute for personal attention from a good shop. I'm sure that most folks are like Eddie Gardner, and Eddie will try to figure out what kind of magic you do and what might be appropriate for you. It is also nice to interact with the other customers, they are always good for effects and advice.

Things come into the shops daily. It's fun to go down there and just see what he has and what he likes. Second best is to call on the phone.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
My latest online purchase is the beautiful Okito-Nielsen Breakaway Box from Norm Nielsen magic. The service was superb--Lupe got it to me in Sydney in only a matter of days. They are lovely people and the Box is a gem!

Geoffrey
kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
Dennymagic.com is my favorite...but mostly because I like Denny. It's also good that Denny refuses to sell junk. I also love discountedmagic.com, but their site is lacking. They don't show anywhere near the amount of stuff they really sell, so you usually have to call them. :-( You can get a lot of awesome unadvertised deals there if you sign up for their newsletter though.
greatchach
View Profile
New user
Texas
83 Posts

Profile of greatchach
TheTrickShop.com has about the best customer service I've experienced with a dealer (great prices, extremely helpful and communication is superb - they've even got an online chat that actually works.) And they have a brick and mortar store behind it too. (The only downside I can think of - which doesn't really count - is that if you live in California they have to charge sales tax. Can't really fault them for that though...)

Hocus-Pocus carries pretty much everything and they are one of the fastest shippers out there. They don't tend to give you order totals, shipping prices or confirmation emails unless you call though.

I've had a couple minor snafus with Hank Lee, but they have a huge selection and lots of sales, so it's hard to stay away too long.
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
I've always had great service from Penguin but I just had the opportunity to order some gaffed cards (a Wild Card set) from http://www.trickshop.com. When I got the cards, I realized they wouldn't work well for the version I wanted to do - completely my fault. I emailed the customer service and asked if they could accomodate my needs and I would be happy to purchase another set. They not only accomodated the request but immediately sent the new set to me at no charge and told me to keep the first set! Outstanding service and I am thrilled with the new set!
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
Pruitt
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Pruitt
Quote:
Magic 4 Less - great prices and very fast shipping; doesn't have a large selection though.

Magic 4 Less is a rip-off. They took my money and never sent me my order. Fortunately it was a relatively small purchase - but being ripped-off is being ripped-off no matter how much the amount. No wonder they can offer such low prices.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best online store (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL