The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
What do you think? I am ready to try it out on the street. I made it this weekend.
table photo 1
table photo 2
table photo 3
table photo 4
I wanted an old school street busking table. Nice strap to carry over my shoulder and hooks to place the table when I am done and ready to walk to my next pitch. Smile
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Wow....27 views and not a single comment...I think that is "stunned silence" and "awe" Brian!!!

I love your table man...looks likes it's not too heavy, is sturdy, and has a good amount of real estate. It look pro too.

I put decals on the back of mine that say "Chad Ballyhoo" & "Magic Show" on it...and just lean it up against my tray stand because I don't use a table in my show.

I bring the table out with me for the sign on the back and the "look" it helps to gimme.

Your table is on its way to having a GREAT look.

Since you're a card guy (I think I remember that from your MySpace pics), you may wanna consider going with the 1/4" foam and felt top. If you don't want to mess with edge trim, then just attach a piece of elastic around the front (buy elastic at the craft store along with the foam & fabric...all can be attached with a staple gun). The strip of elastic will keep a single card from blowing away if you wanna lay it on the table.

Sorry if I'm tellin' ya stuff you already know...I'm just trying to avoid work by playing on the interwebs!!!
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Awesome work pal!

I'm in the process of gathering materials for my own busking table and I'd thought about using a restaurant tray jack too! Great minds think alike I guess!

Hope that table helps you generate huge hats...

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I think the table looks great.
Robin Z
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Robin Z
I agree with the others, it really is a beautiful table.

How much would you estimate the materials cost?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Well, the table top is really cheap. Someday I hope to get a Frank Starsini top.
It only cost me $40 bucks for everything. The most expensive thing was the tray stand. Was only 26 bucks. The rest was easily picked up at a hardware store. Smile

Thanks everyone for your compliments on the table. I am going to have a friend of mine do a painting of me in the style of the late 1800s magic posters on one side of the table top. Then use the blank side as my performance side.
Brian
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
An alternative to a tray stand is a keyboard stand that you could get at any music store. I got one for about 20 bucks.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Table looks good and funtional Brian. Let me know next time you hit the streets.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Well guys, I am gonna try out my new table today for the first time on the street! Wish me luck!
S.E. 37th and Hawthorne in Portland. Smile
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Brian,

Good Luck!!!

Let us all know how you made out.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Good luck Brian.
Do the stuff you're already great at. Keep it flowing.
Let them know that you like them.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Fake it till ya make it bro!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL