The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey everyone,

I just thought I would let everyone get a sneak preview of an AWESOME effect, actually it is more a principle/new gaff/amazing concept type thing!

It is called CRYSTAL METHOD and has been devised by Darius, the product is being produced by the makers of the C.A.N.N.A.B.I.S. effect and will be available soon. CRYSTAL METHOD will allow you to move signatures from card to card, AND that is just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG! There are some amazing routines possible with this and here is the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUti2YJ8e9M

Please remember this is only the beginning, there will be plenty of routines on the DVD by some great creators and magicians including amazing vanishes and a REALLY magical card to mouth routine. It is hard to picture but believe me it will all soon become VERY CLEAR!

Check out the demo watch this space http://www.crystalmethod.co.uk and enjoy!

Ben
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Wow, the demo looks great. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Ummm.. yeah.... wow.
Vaei
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Vaei
Holy ****. I foresee some wonderful surrealistic effects.

Magician: "Could you draw a rabbit for me?"

6 y.o. draws a rabbit... which the magician turns into a sponge bunny (routine), and the multiplied bunny family ends up on the paper, original and magician-drawn together... wow.

And new twists on all those torn and restored routines!

I'm unclear on the technology, but it seems obvious what it is. Can the prop be given out at the end for close scrutiny / keepsake? What sizes does the gimmick comes in? And, most importantly, when is it going to be released? Smile
Lee_Hathaway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Lee_Hathaway
Hi Vaei,

The product will be released in the next 4-6 weeks and should be available world-wide. We are negotiating with distributors at the moment.

There is far more scope for ideas than displayed on the trailer and we'll include a DVD with lots of ideas from many top magicians here in the UK. The DVD will be equally as good quality as our previous best-selling release The CANNABIS effect.

I myself have devised a fantastic card to mouth routine where the card is dropped in a pint of beer or water by the volunteer and visibly vanishes as it hits the drink. This is another application which will be on the DVD - I'm going to try and get a Youtube clip of me doing it so will post the link here shortly.

In some instances the gimmick is examinable and can be given away as a souvenir (you will be provided with ample to do this) - in others, not examinable however we've worked hard with guys to create routines that leave you clean at the end.

Given the hundreds of applications there will be for this the purpose of the DVD will be to create and inspire people to come up with their own ideas but to also provide some solid routines which leave you clean at the end.

Hope this helps.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Thanks Lee look foward to hearing more.
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
I really like the looks of this effect. So clean...
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Well.....here goes again....another reason to break my New Years Resolution of NOT buying anymore Magical Related stuff....Darn you!
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
What am I missing? They're just colour changes?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
For the "Right Signature, Wrong Card" effect, is that the spectator's signature?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Yes it is- one signature only! It blows em away- they can sign their card!
Lee_Hathaway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Lee_Hathaway
Hi ragingcalm thanks for your observation. We've tried to be very respectful regarding exposure on Youtube hence why the trailer hopefully doesn't give away the whole method.

To this end, there are many applications we've been unable to put onto the trailer. Not all the applications for this effect are colour change type things but it was felt these were the most visual for the trailer. However, the card isn't actually changing, you are moving the spectators signature from one card to another. The instructional DVD will contain many ideas from some of the top names in close-up magic here in the UK. You can visibly remove signatures or allow a volunteer to drop their signed card into a drink only for it to completely vanish.

Crystal method can also be used to give you an instant duplicate of THEIR initialled signed card. There are several other ideas which we'll try and film as routines and post on Youtube shortly.

Thanks for all your feedback guys - have a great weekend.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Once you understand the secret, there is sooooo much you can do! The great thing is that the routines we have devised will allow cards to be handed out and everything will be clean!
This will come with a DVD packed full of lots of effects and this is an item you will use for every card performance its that powerful...
More news to follow shortly
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
When will it be available?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Can it be done with any sharpie or will we have to buy refills?
Vaei
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Vaei
All the uses there is of it in Fraud! (And I mean the word literally and the Garcia sense) I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on this. The last little while I've just been thinking about all the things that one could do with this in conjunction to existing plots (Sankey's paperclipped comes to mind - imagine the card you've clipped was from a different deck Smile )
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Heya guys.

I helped to film some of the effects for the demo (I wear a lot of rings lol) all the effects are done without the use of duplicated signatures! everything can be done in real time and there are no camera edits!

Lee hathaway has come up with one of the most practical methods for duplicating a signature though! stunning tricks are possible! you can see the reactions on the demo and these are from english people!!! yeah getting english people to react like that is almost impossible!

There are some lovely visual effects possible with these gimicks and as soon as you get them your creative juices just start flowing!

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
When I first played around with CRYSTAL METHod I could see its potential. Why did I not think of it first I thought? You can do so much with it which gives it great value.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
How much for the DVD?
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Both the special Crystal method and the DVD will be coming together.
The DVD will be filled with great routines including a new card from mouth effect and loads of signed card ideas.
It will give every viewer the potential to create loads of their own routines.
Price will be around 20 pounds ;-) Will be out in around a month..
We will also be hosting a blogg site http://www.crystalmethod.co.uk allowing people to add effects they have devised with this special device.
Thanks for the kind words Angelo ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL