The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
I was thinking about this lastnight...could this be used as an extra convincer for a forgotten card routine (like glemme or something along those lines). allow spec to choose a card, get them to sign it and memorize it, show the audience the signed card and then induce amnesia in your spec and ask them to recall the card they recall the wrong card and then for the kicker you could show them clearly that their signature is on the card that you showed the audience which is not the card the spec remembered...
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
LOL, what's with you guys and naming your effects after illegal drugs?

Looks great though, I will be picking this up.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 21:36, Magikrn wrote:

Well, I know I'm getting a craving to buy this... and having withdrawal symptoms after watching the demo...

C'MON SELL IT TO ME ALREADY.... ARGGGHHHH I'M SEEING BABIES CRAWLING ON THE CIELING... C'MON MAN
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I know that many people say that an effect should not be released for being too good. I am kind of worried about this being the epitome of that mentality.

That is, what is left to be truly impossible with card magic now if we can create an identical duplicate signed card?

Mind you I have developed my own methods for accomplishing, essentially, all of the things being shown by the Crystal METHod, like Forgery, which has a similar effect to that first change shown on the demo, (this is not a plug) and my own method for obtaining duplicate signatures (which is NOT what Forgery does, just for clarification) but they are not perfect.

That is, my methods for duplicate signature, similar to the method of making a signature get wiped off a card and having it signed again to create a duplicate (although my methods are quite different from this) the end results will not be identical, but it seems that the Crystal METHod WILL accomplish an identical duplication of a signature, as well as so much more.

Once this is out there, Pandora's box will have been opened.

Of course the same could be said when magicians first started tearing off corners to imply a unique card, and then methods for working with which allowed for a dup came about, they are now common amongst magicians.

Really though, I would imagine the only down fall of this will be that we will no longer be able to fool magicians with signed cards anymore. Oh well. Smile Smile
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
dot
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dot
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 21:36, Magikrn wrote:

That cracks me up and I'm no dope, I like the blow by blow account of this effect and I regard it high-ly. I will do this trick after stoned purse or coin in coke can while injecting much humour. time for my medication!!

this looks stunning.

dot
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 23:49, gdw wrote:

Really though, I would imagine the only down fall of this will be that we will no longer be able to fool magicians with signed cards anymore. Oh well. Smile Smile

Actually, what happens when this is exposed on "Masked Magician does Dallas" and all our future spectators will explain every signed card with "It's a dupe!" ?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
The one thing good about Magic, is that nothing is ever quite finished...i can't think of a single plot that someone has thought 'I can't change this, or add anything to it'...that isn't to say tricks need or require changing or adding to, but everyone performs in different environments to different people, so they create, vary, change, add etc to suit their needs. So I can only imagine what will be next after this! Looking forward to it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Actually, I am really looking forward to this as I needed this sort of effect to enhance a Cronenberg Fly card sorting routine (really!)... heck, this will be great for it!!!!

C'mon, if anyone has pity, let me pilot it for ya and I'll pay in advance Smile (c'mon I'm fiending)
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-05-06 05:27, broothal wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 23:49, gdw wrote:

Actually, what happens when this is exposed on "Masked Magician does Dallas" and all our future spectators will explain every signed card with "It's a dupe!" ?

Then we'll move to the torn corner plot, and THAT will be the convincer that it is not a signed dup. The tables will turn once again.

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I don't think the tables will turn. I don't think the torn corner will ever be a convicer these days, people are more demanding than decades ago with the torn corner. Everytime you try to use a personal cheque to purchase something, you are then given the third degree, 'Can I also see a credit card and drivers license' etc, and also has to be a picture ID with name, address, date of birth etc. If you go into a bar, try and buy cigarettes, rent a DVD etc you have to produce ID, so every day in our lives, we have to give proof! We have to prove everything of our lives every day. People are routinely questioned and made to prove things over and over again, and this applies to Magic and getting cards signed. If you are going to have a card selected, have it signed, as that is proof, however, don't take it too far that it takes out of the ordinary and expected, making it seem like a trick, but keep in in realism to where it can still be seen as Magic.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Yes- you could use this item for signed cards with torn corners and then jump the signature to a completely new card if you wanted..

Also- wicked effect- imagine asking someone to select a card and sign it, then someone else merely names any card in the deck, the card is secretly culled and then produced with the original persons signature on it!

Nuts!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heck, if this is what I think it is - don't limit yourself to cards... heck, I can finally do wild OTL stuff without the stupid band!

Did I mention I would be happy to pilot some stuff Smile

Drool
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Re: not limiting ourselves to cards... Ben, can you give us some idea how applicable this is to non-playing-card surfaces?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Although some easy modification can be done, you're right- can be done with credit cards, business cards etc very easily

Bare in mind lots of options and creativity can be done with cards...
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
After re-reading this thread I am slightly confused.... Will crystal method allow us to DUPLICATE a signiture onto another card, or TRANSFER the signiture?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-05-06 18:06, Christopher Williams wrote:
I don't think the tables will turn. I don't think the torn corner will ever be a convicer these days, people are more demanding than decades ago with the torn corner. Everytime you try to use a personal cheque to purchase something, you are then given the third degree, 'Can I also see a credit card and drivers license' etc, and also has to be a picture ID with name, address, date of birth etc. If you go into a bar, try and buy cigarettes, rent a DVD etc you have to produce ID, so every day in our lives, we have to give proof! We have to prove everything of our lives every day. People are routinely questioned and made to prove things over and over again, and this applies to Magic and getting cards signed. If you are going to have a card selected, have it signed, as that is proof, however, don't take it too far that it takes out of the ordinary and expected, making it seem like a trick, but keep in in realism to where it can still be seen as Magic.

I guess that explains why we NEVER do an effect with a card NOT signed, just chosen. People would NEVER accept that the card we find is the same one they chose if it was never altered in any way.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-05-07 05:52, ziatabari wrote:
Yes- you could use this item for signed cards with torn corners and then jump the signature to a completely new card if you wanted..

Also- wicked effect- imagine asking someone to select a card and sign it, then someone else merely names any card in the deck, the card is secretly culled and then produced with the original persons signature on it!

Nuts!

But will the named, culled card with the signature, be examinable?

ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Crystal method allows 2 things

One is the transfer of one signature to another card, with no duplicates needed.

The second is the ability to make an immediate duplicate of a signed card.

Both are v easy to do and will not be detected.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
So I'm thinking..... one way forcing deck and the ULTIMATE ACR haha. Is this possible?
Lee_Hathaway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Lee_Hathaway
I just thought I'd point out that there are other applications for Crystal Method as well as stuff using signed cards. I've created a brilliant card to mouth routine utilising Crystal Method...infact I just got back from an Indian restaurant in town with Darius and a load of the guys who are working on the effect and we totally FLOORED the waiters with the card to mouth routine!!

So, just to detract slightly...there are several other applications and routines which will appear on the DVD in addition to the signed card stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL