The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have saved and loved the flogging the dead horse pic but it does not apply to this effect. I just had a corp gig tongiht. I used a few effects from crystal and the went over great. I love it, I am honest about my personal reviews and this works. I love it
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Alan, to each his own. This is split between those who love it and those who are disappointed.The horse was a playful jab at Nicos because of his posts,98% of which are in this thread.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I recieved mine last week. This is everything I was expecting and so much more. I had played around with the enitial gimmick from the Gennii Magazine but this is absolutly Fantastic! After recieveing it, I had the fortunate idea of creating a version of Blaines Signed card to bottle. This has made it so much easier! I have also had NO problems with performing with Crystal Method. This this is gold! Very pleased and proud to own this!

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Actually Dunn, only about 50 - 55% are in this thread Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
That photo is the best thing iv seen in a while!
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
The Scope photo of R.Dunn is that?
Lee_Hathaway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Lee_Hathaway
Quote:
On 2008-08-03 17:46, R. Dunn wrote:
Alan, to each his own. This is split between those who love it and those who are disappointed.The horse was a playful jab at Nicos because of his posts,98% of which are in this thread.

Not true. This is split between those who are speculating and making assumptions about a product they do not own, and those who actually own the product, who have watched the DVD and are aware of the possibilities it offers.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Exactly....The point I was trying to make all along here is that people are making their opinions on what they get in Genii. With Genii, you get the crystal method gaff, but not any of the real methods that people who own the dvd are talking about. People are being too quick and quite frankly, a bit stuffed up about their opinion.
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but..

opinions in here are mostly based on the genii sample. I fail to see what difference a dvd makes if the spectator can see one card is not like the others.
the dvd might have numerous effects but at the end of the day it does not change the gimmick.

Either way please refer to the horse.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
What a rediculous comment Dunn

If I gave you the MacDonalds Aces for example, with no explanation as to how to perform some of the moves (ie. no DVD), sure, you could have a few basic ideas, but your missing the bulk of the effect or potential.

Imagine even doing the omnideck with the crystal method ! There are loads of effects the full deck allow.

PS- think you need a new photographer/haircut!
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Lol

I enjoy toying with these fanboys.

You clearly missed the point.Macdonalds aces is an effect, not a ultility item. No amount of effects on a dvd will prevent a spectator from picking up the differences that slimking pointed out. Maybe you have the gimmick infront of your eyes and can't read properly.

Do you guys ever post in any other threads ?
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Macdonalds Ace is a card. Not an effect.
What effects have you published?
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
No , its an effect. With your last post you have given us a good measure of your knowledge. I have not published anything...hang on, did you publish Crystal Method?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-08-04 02:42, Nico Zottos wrote:
Actually Dunn, only about 50 - 55% are in this thread Smile

Yeah, um, except that at the time of the initial post stating that ALMOST all of your posts were in this thread, almost all of your posts WERE in this thread.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-08-05 09:57, ziatabari wrote:

curious... why does that matter one bit. "Publishing" in this day and age takes little effort and is no meter for quality what so ever.

again, why can people not want to buy this product. everyone goes into a out rage "Because I think its great!" well not everyone does. who cares? it fasicinates me the defensive response of people who have no financial stake in a product.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:

I'd lobby the Café mods pretty heavily if I were you, and ask that they delete your brilliant new (and completely out to lunch) description of "McDonalds Aces".

There's no such thing as a "McDonald's Ace Card", although it seems like something a newbie might presume exists. You may just have to leave the Café and sign back up under a new screen name to avoid ongoing humiliation.

You really don't have a clue what you're talking about, do you?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Quote:
The horse was a playful jab at Nicos because of his posts,98% of which are in this thread.

Glen, this was what I was referring to.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Guys come on this is getting petty now. Some people like the effect and some don't. Lets be mature and leave it there
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:

Louis Tannen Inc published MacDonald's $100 Four Ace Trick by Frank Garcia as the second item in their New Stars of Magic back in 1973. The item is a routine - and not a bad handling of Hofzinser's card assembly trick using some gaffed cards.

Now as to having published works... yeah I have - and so what?

How about taking a moment search via google to get some background information? IMHO it can't hurt to do a little research/reading before offering a strong opinion.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-08-05 14:48, Nico Zottos wrote:
Quote:
The horse was a playful jab at Nicos because of his posts,98% of which are in this thread.

Glen, this was what I was referring to.

Well, I highly doubt that he makes a regular habit of checking all of your posts for updates, and thus was going off of data he had already gathered.

In the mean time you have diversified your posting locations, and only after the initial observation.

Then your post "clarifying" your post distribution after the fact only makes it look like you went out and made other posts only so you could prove him wrong.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL