The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Valor Cuffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Got a few gimmed pairs of these and had a few nicked during performances so short on replacements.
Why have they become hard to locate, all of a sudden ???
Any sources,,,please let me know.

Ken.
escape13
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
103 Posts

Profile of escape13
http://escapeartistsupplies.com/
http://escapeartistsupplies.com/Restraints.htm
http://www.erestraint.com/Merchant2/merc......Code=VSR

Don't know about UK but here in the states. Do you know how to gimmick your own cuffs? I learned last year with a little patience..er..lots of patience. I usually gimmick Peerless which seem easier to do than Smiths. Requires a pin punch, hammer and grinder.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. -Joseph Dunninger - Mentalist
escape13
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
103 Posts

Profile of escape13
And why do you need new ones? Some of my cuffs have nicks in them and they still work fine.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. -Joseph Dunninger - Mentalist
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
In one routine I cuff 2 kids or adults together,,,now and then (5 times so far) The little bugs run off with them.
Yes looking for a UK source.

Ken
escape13
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
103 Posts

Profile of escape13
An option which might prevent this is to buy a couple of Masterlock #21 (costs about $14 here and gimmick them yourself which anyone can do in minutes. Then use a small piece of chain wrapping the ends around their wrists locking them with the #21. Same affect but I think people/kids will have less of a tendency to run off with a chain and padlocks.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The effect involves the switch of a gimmed valor 2000 for a straight set,,,the straight set is put on the kids,,,switch is done under their noses with the follow up as a gag leaving the speckies locked up for the remainder of the show. Due to the size of crowds and number of shows we do throughout the summer season it has become a nessecary expense to loose a cuff here and there.
Valor used to be used a fair bit for gimmed work (Cannons I believe still use valor for their melt thru effects) And as they used to be one of the cheaper better cuffs around the expense was affordable.
Have no idea why this common cuff has now become hard to get in the UK.

Ken.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Here is a list of companies that sell Valor Cuffs don't know if any are in the UK: Valor Handcuffs

Nicked in the UK means stolen, not scratched.

I can't believe Ken got "mugged" by kids Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I believe that Escape 13 knows what Nicked really means.... but on the other hand... if a kid Muggs you.... isn't that some sort of a funny face?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 20:40, x-treem wrote:
Here is a list of companies that sell Valor Cuffs don't know if any are in the UK: Valor Handcuffs

yes I can and I bet it was in Swadlincote!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 02:52, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 20:40, x-treem wrote:

yes I can and I bet it was in Swadlincote!

The lottle SODS are used to being in handcuffs and running off! they get too much practice!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Thankyou all,,yes, 2 pairs went at Swad and another 2 at Clapham Common. So far only had one run out this season but mum and dad brought the little bugs back cos they couldn't get out of them and my key was quicker than the Fire Brigade or a hacksaw.

Ken.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Smile ha ha thast funny!

you see in sawd the parents would just have cut the hands off the littl buggers! or they probably had the tools to do it themselves (see Curtis video on you tube for what I mean Smile )
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Maybe you could have a padlocked loop of chain secured to a stable object, and loop the cuffs through the chain loop before locking them on the subjects.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 20:53, jay leslie wrote:
I believe that Escape 13 knows what Nicked really means....

It was so funny I assumed he knows. Others may not Smile

I replied as I did because I am often reminded of an incident on a now dead magic board where a Greman college student, with a rusty grasp of English, asked a question and my reply was that I did not know the answer and would pass it off to someone who would know.

He translated it as my calling him an idiot and a waste of my time. World War 3 was avoided when everything was said and done.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
escape13
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
103 Posts

Profile of escape13
Bangers and mash, bubble and squeek, smoke a fag!
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Escape13 you've gone round the twist.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I was under the distinct impression that the current residents of the famed British iles could speak English, could they not? Smile
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Last week, I met the Queen.
.At least - that's who he said he was!
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
I am a dealer for Valor handcuffs and I am registered to export. The process takes a bit of time and is a pain but it can happen. If you aren't able to find a supplier in the U.K. Let me know.

Clyde
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Thanks Clyde,,,its the UK Im looking for as the charges incomeing now are terrible,,added to duties the Post Office have now plonked a service handling charge,,,plus customs of course!!

Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Valor Cuffs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL