The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Impact on restaurants bottom line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
I've started table hopping and I want some idea on how well I'm doing as far as enhancing the restaurants profitablility. Right now I work stictly for tips, but I am going to want a salary as well. What should I look for Smile
If ya wanna be the Top Banana, Ya gotta start at the bottom of the Bunch (Johnny Mercer)
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Repeats and calls asking if you are there. Plus talk to the servers they will tell you if the table came in to see you. I wish you had not started to work for tips only. I think you are going to have a hard time getting the restaurant to pay you after your willingness to work for tips.
Good luck. Try to get as many people you know to call and ask over the phone when your there and get people to come see you. Also when they do come they need to talk about you to the servers and host. You might want to have some comment cards made for yourself and ask every table to fill them out. Hand these into the managment.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Flooglestreet,
I have some regular restaurant gigs and never solicit tips. I made it clear to the management when hired that I didn't want the patrons to feel like they had to reach in their pockets not only for the wait staff, but for me too.

I am to be compliments of the management. Also you will get more repeat customers if they know they don't have to dip into their pockets when you come around. If you are good with people, you will be a benifit to the restaurant. Calming down the kiddies, making a first date less stressful, making someone's birthday special, smoothing over long waits for food and a dozen other benefits.

You should focus on these points and work out a reasonable hourly salary. Rule of thumb: The price of a decent meal X 2 per hour depending upon your experience. Maybe a little more. Hey, if you bring in at least 2 customers per hour they pay for you....
Hope this helps
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Impact on restaurants bottom line (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL