The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Street Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Helen,

I think it'd be great if you could post any info on voice projection etc. Also, do you know of any books that teach the theory of how to do this?

I too am a "loud bugger", but find that after one show my voice begins to die and takes a couple of days to come back.

If you could post it here that'd be grand, since it would be about voice projection for the ea I wouldn't have thought the management would have a problem with it.

Thanks again,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Oh, I forgot to add my thanks to Ace for posting his thoughts on street performing and if you are new to it I would definately suggest heading over to his website. Loads of great info over there.

Cheers Ace.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I'll get on it; thinking about it, it'll probably be a short series of articles. Even at a basic introductory level, it would take an individual article just to discuss breathing (the first thing I teach everyone).

As for books, try "The Actor Speaks: Voice and the Performer" by Patsy Rodeburg ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN......-0122009

Also look up anything you can find on the research and method of Jo Estill and the Voicecraft technique it inspired; it has caused something of a revolution in the field in recent decades and is an enormous influence on what I do.
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
'tis done; the first article is up in the "Food For Thought" section now;

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......27&0

I'll add more later.
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of glatner
For theissue of boredom, I find using something like thumb cuffs, handcuffs, or any other "quick" restraint can be a remedy. Also, when doing a chain/rope escape, how does one ensure that you are tied up hard enough to be impressive, I've been tied up before, and the people have done such a horrible job that it fell off before they even finished, it was really embarassing, any advice?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Best Advice might be to Ham it up a Bit. or encourage the people on as they are tying you up.
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Just to say I've posted up the second and third parts on my series on basic voice projection; you can find them on the links below;

Part 2: Confidence And Nerves

Part 3: General Tips

So it's all up there; hope it's useful!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cheers Helen,

I'll be sitting down to read it all later.

Glatner,

As for the rope/chain problem I let them finish, then just allow it to fall off saying: "This is cr4p! You took all that time and produce this?!?! My nan could get out of this."

Then get a small girl to come out with them and help them to tie me up better. This is really funny if the perso who tied you up initially is a big guy.

Ros
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Street Escape (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL