We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Now THAT'S and INDY film!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
CGI overload?
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Apparently not.

All the sets were built, and all the stunts are real. They only used CGI when they had to (impossible shots or completely impractical).

We shall see...
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
There's actually only 2 CGI shots in that trailer (pillars and the exploson)... and they are in the beginning!

Oh well, at least it gets them out of the way...
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, I'll see it regardless of CGI stuff. The trailer just looked fake to me somehow.

I'll watch it again.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I rewatched the trailer. Still looks fake, but maybe that's my video card or something. The images seem layered rather than pure 3D...in almost every scene.

Funny: I'm watching a video clip on a computer and complaining that the clip looks like computer graphics.

I'm an idiot.

But then...all of you know that already.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Since Karen Allen is reprising her role as Marion Ravenwood, this should be fun.

I note Indy is swinging around in a warehouse full of boxes. You don't suppose they're going to run across the Ark of the Covenant from the first movie, do you?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I had the same thought. I would assume the plot has something to do with the Ark.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1310 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
In a recent photo shoot for some magazine (Variety? Premiere? cant remember) George Lucas was posing next to the Ark of the Covenant prop. Some have suggested that they are just playing with us and the ark is not in the film, even though it IS the same warehouse. There is shot of a crate or box in the trailer (theatrical one I think) and it says "Roswell, New Mexico" on the box. Area 51 maybe? Whatever the case, I would LOVE to see the ark revisited!
Sent from my Typewriter
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I'm pretty sure the plot is about the Crystal Skull, not the Ark. I'm guessing that the Ark makes an appearance in passing. Maybe the even spend a few minutes on it, but it's more a callback to the first movie.

I'd love to hear something like, "You?!? You guys are the 'top men'?!?"
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I just hope there's a sign somewhere that says "Warehouse 23". Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Now THAT'S and INDY film!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL