The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Color changing knives routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 21:31, Vincent wrote:
Bill,

Volume One Of Ganson's Art Of Close Up Magic.

I Think The Routine Is Dated About 1960.

Part Of The Niberco Brothers??

That Dusted Off Some Brain Cells!!!!

Thanks For The Idea.

The one I'm thinking of is a little later than that. Has a different premise. There are two knives that change places.

The Routine for Jose de la Torre is in Ascanio's World of Knives.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Thanks Bill, I am going to look for Jose Del A Torre's routine.
...the magic that creates Memories!
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1636 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Ttorres,

I saw a copy of Ascanio's World of Knives for sale on Joe Mogar's site, the other day. I think he wanted 80 bucks for it. It's a good book. I wouldn't pay 80 bucks for it. Mogar is a great source for knives. He'll have the Merrill book in stock. He can make knives of any color combination you could dream up.

KG
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Kentfgunn,

Thanks, I am like you, not sure if I could see myself coming off $80 for a copy of Asconio's World of Knives book. I have a set of Joe's knives and I am very pleased with them. For now I am doing a version of the routine that came with that set of knives.

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 18:38, ttorres wrote:
Thanks Bill, I am going to look for Jose Del A Torre's routine.

That's Jose de la Torre, not Jose Del A Torre. I got the spelling right off the cover of his book.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Sigh....Is it normal or common for someone to say "Let me see the other side" while you're performing CCK?

I just want to entertain....is that so wrong? Smile
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2008-05-06 21:11, mitchb2 wrote:
Sigh....Is it normal or common for someone to say "Let me see the other side" while you're performing CCK?

If someone is asking to see the other side it could be that your showing "both ides" too often. Just one or two shows durring each phase of your routine is enough. Over showing draws doubts to if your really showing them both sides or not.

Randy
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The routines that emphasize two knives switching places seem to work better in that regard. Check out Whit Haydn's presentation. Another hint is to *not* show both sides of the knife. Well, not really. It's not that you're trying to prove to them the knife is real, it's to prove to yourself that it is. Whit covers this in his teaching as well. What you're really doing is showing them one side, and then confirming to yourself by "doing the move" and looking at it yourself rather than displaying to them. One glance is all it takes for you to know everything is right, and by implication the audience thinks so too. He also demos a killer move that when done right (I'm still struggling with it) it looks virtually impossible that you're covertly manipulating the knife.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I don't know if I got this from somewhere but...

When I take out my first knife I hold it low, then raise it vertically to open the blade (letting both sides be seen in the process). Later on when I bring out a knife, I use it as a pointer to the other knife (turning it over as I do). Both times my focus are elsewhere (on the blade and on the other knife). Since I'm not trying to prove anything, and the spectators notice both sides on their own, I feel this is much more convincing.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Color changing knives routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL