The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lame magician BUSTED on Howard Stern show. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Yesterday a "magician" (I can't remember his name) was a guest on Howard Stern's radio show. He said he could predict the color of underwear that three women were wearing. He did one of the Lamest predictions ever, and was IMEADITELY busted by Howard, Gary and Fred, and not too soon afterward, Sal.

I only was listening with half an ear and didn't hear the ending. I wonder how he crawled out of the studio? I got back into the car and by that time they were saying how the guy bombed, had a bad appearance and why he did such a lame trick?

All I remember is that he was 26 and was on the show Phenomenon?
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Whoops, sorry.

I didn't mean to call anybody lame.

What I meant to say is; Magician does Lame trick and gets busted on Howard Stern's radio show. I'm not calling him lame, I am just saying the effect was lame.

(anybody can have an off day, we all do, and lord knows I have my share.)
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Wayne Hoffman stopped by to dazzle the crew with his “mentalist” abilities, but he wouldn't say whether he was better than other mentalists like David Blane and Criss Angel: “I let my audience decide.”

Howard brought in three strippers from Rick's Cabaret, and Wayne said he could tell the color of the first two girls' panties without looking – but he wasn't sure about the third. Wayne first looked Lacy in the eyes, wrote something down, and then asked her to take off her pants -revealing a pair of pink panties (and, according to Artie, an “amazing ***”).

Wayne then looked the second girl, Brooke, in the eyes, wrote something down, and asked her to take her pants off - which revealed a pair of yellow panties. Wayne did the same routine with the third girl, Pamela, who took off her pants to
reveal a pair of black panties. When Wayne was done, Artie began to read what Wayne wrote down: pink, yellow, and – here Howard cut Artie off, saying he saw the grift. Howard then walked the crew through Wayne's scam:

Howard explained that Wayne set us up by saying he would probably get the third one wrong, because he writes down a random color under “C” (the third girl) and then writes down the other girls' colors after they reveal them (When Wayne claims he writing down the color of B's panties, he's really writing down A's, and then B's when he says he's writing down C's. The third/C will usually be wrong, just like he said it would be, because he wrote his guess down first.). Wayne admitted, “I'm kinda working with you,” and Howard dismissed him, choosing instead to play his own mentalist game: predicting the size of the girls' nipples.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Wow, good recap Vandy!

So what heppened, how did he leave the studio, did they go to ao break?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I didn't' write that. I just cut and pasted it from here;

http://www.howardstern.com/

Click near the bottom where is says "IS THE JOKEMAN A SAD MAN" and you will see the show re-cap.

So I don't really know what happened after that.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Now will someone please bust Howard Stern so he STAYS busted? Talk about a good deed for cleaning up the environment!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Does anyone remember the days when tv/radio hosts had a guest on to entertain the audience and then actually let them do that? These days it seems to be about exploiting a guest instead for the audiences entertainment. What a jerky thing of Howard to do!

Best,

Tim
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
He must have caught Wayne off guard. Maybe he had never heard of the Howard Stern show before he agreed to go on.

Ross, how should Howard Stern be "busted"?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 12:04, Timothy Drake wrote:
Does anyone remember the days when tv/radio hosts had a guest on to entertain the audience and then actually let them do that? These days it seems to be about exploiting a guest instead for the audiences entertainment. What a jerky thing of Howard to do!

Best,

Tim

It is possible that these hosts are getting tired of old hack routines being done right?

Maybe if they were met half way by magicians who were actually ENTERTAINING, it would be a bit easier.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I (respectfully) agree with Danny. I know Danny wouldn't have done some lame trick like that! I'll bet he would have done his homework and gone in there and blown them away!

If you talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk.

If Howard has respect for someone, he'll show it, but it does have to be earned. He just don't give it away for free.

I've been a Howard fan since '85

Baba Booey, Baba Booey!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
The people over in the p€nis forum are going nuts over this.

Justin: have you changed your avatar TWICE today, or am I just drunk?

(I haven't even had anything to drink yet. Last night must have been really bad.)

That's something like six avatars in 24 hours.

But who notices?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOODNESSS!

I posted about Justin's avatar, and when the post appeared Justin's avatar had changed again.

It's...well...magical!

RESPECT!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
NO NO NO NO NO!

Again!

It's like...every thirty seconds or so!
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 12:35, Justin Style wrote:
I (respectfully) agree with Danny. I know Danny wouldn't have done some lame trick like that! I'll bet he would have done his homework and gone in there and blown them away!

If you talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk.

If Howard has respect for someone, he'll show it, but it does have to be earned. He just don't give it away for free.

I've been a Howard fan since '85

Baba Booey, Baba Booey!

Baba Booey to y'all.......
I am a big time Stern fan. I also happen to be a friend of Wayne's. It's a tough room and Wayne did his best with what he had.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Toothy!

Ta, Ta, Toothy!
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Now your avatar is perfect....Being from NYC you have to be a Stern fan...

Ma Ma Monkey
Ryan Parsons
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I got BIG secret...been on the show back in '89. Me and Robin Quivers are bonded, that's all I'm sayin.

hey now...
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
First, let me qualify myself, as a Howard Stern fan from back in 1981 or 82, when he and Robin Quivers were doing the morning drive on DC101 here in Washington, before he went to NY. I'm not a Stern-hater.

Now please explain to me how his behaviour was any different from some snotty heckler who figures out a trick and doesn't have the manners to keep it to himself, but instead feels the need to show how smart he is by blabbing the secret (in this case a fairly important magical principal).

Sorry, I agree with Tim on this one, Howard was dead wrong.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I did listen yesterday....

From my point of view. Baba Boey and Sal the stock broker were trying to be hard on Wayne. Howard was not that rough and tried to deflect a little.

Justin if it's true your a lucky man.
Ryan Parsons
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is like being shocked you get your toes bitten off when you get in a bathtub with an alligator. All Howard was doing was being Howard.

With SO MANY things available which are bullitproof, why do something you can get so busted on?

Was it bad form? Probably, but was it shocking? Probably not!

I bet it was a tough room indeed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lame magician BUSTED on Howard Stern show. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL