We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Global Warming, Anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Here's a link to a very interesting article. But of more interest is the debate from posters after the article. The overwhelming majority see this for what it is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jh......e130.xml
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I said over and over and over again
This dance is gonna be a drag

Ah-mmm, ah-mmm, ah-mmm, ah-mmm

The Dave Clark Five
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Here's a sampling of what people are saying.

Quote:
Posted by Rebecca on May 1, 2008 5:12 PM
Report this comment

The Earth warms, the Earth cools. Looks like we're in the beginning of a cooling phase, which will be followed (Shock! Horror!) by a warming. This is a natural phenomenon over which we have no real control or influence. Might as well learn to adapt and enjoy it.

Now the game appears to be up with the 'anthropogenic' side of the argument, can we have all the money taken from us in pointless 'Green' taxation back please? Will Al Gore return his Oscar, or the Peace Prize he was so precipitously given? No? Thought not.
Posted by Mister Jones on May 1, 2008 5:11 PM
Report this comment

Dangerous anthropogenic climate change is not a "belief". The science is in. Global warming is as real as the rest of our massive impact on the planet. We will see environmental refugees in our lifetime. Indeed, we have already.
Posted by chad on May 1, 2008 5:04 PM
Report this comment

If, as I suspect, Climate Change is eventually proven to be caused by natural cyclical events and not by mankind, will this thieving, rotten bas*ard government give us back the green taxes taken under false pretences - and the ones about to be taken in the form of a huge Road fund Excise duty hike(which was NOT announced in the budget speech)?
Posted by Another Bob on May 1, 2008 4:55 PM
Report this comment

How perfectly preditable this was.

In order to diminish the reality of no warming occuring the alarmist hoaxers come up with a "temporary glitch" and delay the "imminent warming" for anothe 7 years in hopes of implementing the costly polciies riding on this fraud.

What a load of Bull.

And where is the IPCC credibility?

This pretty much sums it up.

Hurricane expert left IPCC

link

January 17, 2005
Chris Landsea Leaves IPCC

It is beyond me why my colleagues would utilize the media to push an unsupported agenda that recent hurricane activity has been due to global warming. Given Dr. Trenberth’s role as the IPCC’s Lead Author responsible for preparing the text on hurricanes, his public statements so far outside of current scientific understanding led me to concern that it would be very difficult for the IPCC process to proceed objectively with regards to the assessment on hurricane activity. My view is that when people identify themselves as being associated with the IPCC and then make pronouncements far outside current scientific understandings that this will harm the credibility of climate change science and will in the longer term diminish our role in public policy.

All previous and current research in the area of hurricane variability has shown no reliable, long-term trend up in the frequency or intensity of tropical cyclones, either in the Atlantic or any other basin. The IPCC assessments in 1995 and 2001 also concluded that there was no global warming signal found in the hurricane record.

Moreover, the evidence is quite strong and supported by the most recent credible studies that any impact in the future from global warming upon hurricane will likely be quite small. The latest results from the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (Knutson and Tuleya, Journal of Climate, 2004) suggest that by around 2080, hurricanes may have winds and rainfall about 5% more intense than today. It has been proposed that even this tiny change may be an exaggeration as to what may happen by the end of the 21st Century (Michaels, Knappenberger, and Landsea, Journal of Climate, 2005, submitted).

After some prolonged deliberation, I have decided to withdraw from participating in the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). I am withdrawing because I have come to view the part of the IPCC to which my expertise is relevant as having become politicized. In addition, when I have raised my concerns to the IPCC leadership, their response was simply to dismiss my concerns.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Was global warming created by intelligent design or evolution?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6655 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 00:23, Josh the Superfluous wrote:

I think it was me. As a child I kept leaving the refrigerator door open. Sorry.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 00:44, Greg Arce wrote:
Quote:

Greg

That just proves the cyclical theory because I did the same.
Refrigerator door left open = cooling.
Mother or father heats up your buttocks (usually with the nearest availble shoe) = warming.
cooling from refrigerator + spanking from loving parent = no real change in temperature.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:

Greg

"Gregory Arce, were you born in a barn?!?"
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6655 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 02:07, Scott Cram wrote:
Quote:

Greg

"Gregory Arce, were you born in a barn?!?"

Well, my parents couldn't get a room at the inn so that was the best they had. I did get some cool presents from three guys. I'm still trying to figure out an effect I can use with Myrrh. Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Quote:

Both: Intelligent Designers & Evolved Fashion Photographers.

The Intellectual Pursuit of Happiness is Evolution. Smile
POOF!
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
Quote:
Refrigerator door left open = cooling.

In fact it is quit the opposite, Refrigerator door left open = warming
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well ever since my parents put me in that space ship and sent me here when my planet exploded I have been worried about global warming. (on Krypton I actually am a fantastic speller by the way)

What happened to us whas EVERYONE left the fridge open, and we tried to cool it down by all plugging in our hair dryers at the same time, sadly enough you know the rest.

Just letting you know!

Oh by the way look at the Platapus and tell me THAT is an "intelligent" design!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
So, I see that nobody really takes this seriously. In one way that's good, because this whole thing is based on some pretty shaky science. On the other hand, we're starting to see laws based upon the "theory" that we are causing this warming. And that's bad -- especially if nobody is watching what happens.

Now, shut that refrigerator door!!
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Scott, if you will use the search engine, you will discover many threads in this forum about global warming, with all the same arguments being made over and over again on both sides.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 15:40, DStachowiak wrote:
Scott, if you will use the search engine, you will discover many threads in this forum about global warming, with all the same arguments being made over and over again on both sides.

BUT NONE with my explination!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3331 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
Quote:

Greg

Now I wish I had turned off the tap while brushing my teeth... Smile
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 15:40, DStachowiak wrote:

Sorry about that DStachowiak. I didn't know that everyone has already discussed this topic. I suppose its all settled then. Very well.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Leaving a regrigerator door opens does increase the temperature. You cannot destroy heat (Heat is energy, energy may convert to a different energy but will not end), you can only move it. Moving heat takes energy, simply put moving heat (Motors/compressors) makes more heat.

If you leave your refrigerator door open, you are cooling the area dirctly in front of, and inside, the fridge, but increasing the whole area temperature more than the cooling being done.

So, if you want to heat your house in an incredibly inneficient way leave the fridge door open.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 13:30, Scott O. wrote:
So, I see that nobody really takes this seriously. In one way that's good, because this whole thing is based on some pretty shaky science. On the other hand, we're starting to see laws based upon the "theory" that we are causing this warming. And that's bad -- especially if nobody is watching what happens.

Now, shut that refrigerator door!!

Why should we take it seriously?
According to predictions the world will end around 2012.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Sooner, if I have anything to say about it.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 13:30, Scott O. wrote:
So, I see that nobody really takes this seriously.

Scott,
I was mocking you, not the subject. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Global Warming, Anyone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL