The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jeff McBride - Magic At The Edge (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Just got this email from L&L:

3-volume boxed set

BEYOND STREET MAGIC!
FILMED LIVE ON LOCATION AT BURNING MAN AND LAKE TAHOE!

The middle of the Nevada desert. Four hundred square miles of nothing. Not even streets. Just 50,000 people attending the world’s largest art festival. It’s Survival Magic and there are no spectators, only participants in the most extreme conditions imaginable. Welcome to Burning Man and Magic at the Edge! Since the dawn of time, magicians have sought inspiration in the most unusual places. Burning Man is one of the most inspiring environments for performance magic in all the world.

You’ve seen Jeff McBride featured on A&E’s Mindfreak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and VH-1’s Celebracadabra. Now you can see Jeff in action performing his magic at one of the wildest places in the world, the Burning Man Art Festival. But this is far more than just a performance video. It is a teaching video, an exploration that searches for the very heart and soul of magic. Here is an inside look into the lifestyle of one of the world’s great magicians and how and why he seeks inspiration.

Magic at the Edge offers magic for all skill levels, with commentary from Eugene Burger and Jeff’s wife, Abbi McBride. They share their philosophies and techniques on performance. They teach you how you can add more meaning to your existing routines and use your magic to teach powerful lessons. Polish the magic you already perform and experience the wisdom of these masters of the art.

DISC 1: MAGICIAN 24/7

EFFECTS
TRIBAL PIERCING - An impromptu shocker! Push your thumb through your ear—listen to the screams!
MAGIC WISHING RAINBOW - Your participant’s wish comes true with a surprise gift! A lesson in eye contact and engagement.
RAINBOW TO DOLLAR - You will conjure a rainbow from the air and transform it into real money your participant can keep!
WISHING RAINBOW/RAINBOW TO ROSE - The magic rainbow is back and transforms into the gift of a rose. An effect sure to melt the heart and make a lasting memory.
MAGIC BUBBLES - Enchanted bubbles become real in your participant’s hand! This effect can silence crying children and might even get you a first-class airline upgrade!
HINDU ROPE / RISING CARD - An immaculate rising card, totally impromptu, with a mythic presentation. Better than nearly any gaffed deck version.
THE BEAD & STRING MYSTERY - Break free from bondage! A ritual of liberation that enpowers your participants to set their minds free.
WORLD’S FASTEST HANDS - Jeff’s super fast card opener: two participants’ cards revealed—really really fast. A close-up illusion that defies explanation.
NO SMOKING - A magical performance with the intention of healing and perhaps empowering your friends to quit smoking.
THE POD BELT - Jeff shows you his survival accessory belt that has more toys and attachments than Batman!
McWALLET - The signed card appears inside the wallet that is also inside a zippered pouch! A real world Card in Wallet that can be repeated multiple times. This has fooled the best!

DISCUSSIONS
Magician 24/7
Audience Participation
Flight Time
21st Century Street Magic with Eugene Burger
Definition of Magician

BONUS MATERIAL
Meet Jeff McBride
The Shaman’s Drum
McTip #1

DISC 2: SURVIVAL MAGIC

EFFECTS
HOUDINI STRAIGHTJACKET - Abbi Spinner McBride’s performance and explanation of the Houdini Straightjacket Challenge, with Eugene Burger giving historical background on this pack-small, play-big illusion.
THE MAGNETIC CARDS - A modern version of Nate Leipzig’s astonishing card levitation. A trance-inducing wonder!
HEART CONNECTION - Make deep personal connections with two signed playing cards. More than a mere trick—it is real magic from the heart.
PRISNA’S DANCING CANE - The evolution and revolution of the dancing cane in pop culture (performance only).
THE SHARK FIN PIN - This little known close-up illusion even fools experienced magicians! A saftey pin rips through your jacket and leaves no trace!
SAMINA’S “INTO GOLD” - A lesson in alchemy—from the scintillating sorceress—will teach you to change real lead into gold in the participant’s hand.
TRASH TO TREASURE - An enviro-magic experience that transforms garbage into glitter. Ecologically inspired conjuring.
BUSINESS CARD CONNECTION - Jeff shares a few of his impromptu business card effects that ensure your business card gets kept and remembered. A networking solution to a modern problem.
MCQUICK TIP TRICK - A super fast impromptu production and transformation of cards and money. Your participant keeps the money and your reputation builds as a real world wonderworker.
McMINT - An ultra-modern version of Signed Card to Impossible Location using a breath mint case. This is a mini-illusion and Jeff’s closer in his close-up show.

DISCUSSIONS
Traveling with Props
Less-on
Interview with Sensei Strange

BONUS MATERIAL
Mystery School
Assistant’s Revenge
McTip #2

DISC 3: ART ATTACK

EFFECTS
THE CHEN LEE MCBURGER WATER SUSPENSION - Water magic that mystifies close up, parlor or stage. This combinatin of classic method and modern application creates a powerful impromptu effect with props you already own.
WATER IN THE NEWSPAPER - Abbi McBride performs her commando-style routine in the round, under the Big Top at Burning Man center camp (performance only).
JINKS - Performing in tandem, Abbi and Jeff present an in-the-hands Wild Card invented by the brilliant Gordon Bean. Introducing the Spinner Count.
LISTEN TO THE MUSTN’TS - Inspired by Tracey Atterberry and Shel Silverstein, a tale of hope and courage. Blank canvases mysteriously paint themselves with images of your magical potential.
HERMETIC STAR GAZER - Alan Wong created one of the great rubber band effects of our time. This is Jeff’s lesson in alchemical geometry with guest participant Stephen Larsen. As above . . . so below!
SPELLBOUND - Jeff’s tips and subtleties on this classic coin routine.
BURNING MAN IN THE HAND - A cutting edge presentation for the classic Okito Wicker Rising Doll. Burn baby burn!
FIRE RITUAL- A ceremony of enchantment where burning intentions manifest into reality with a flash of fire.

DISCUSSIONS
About Burning Man
Simplicty

BONUS MATERIAL
Kabuki Magic
McTip #3
TV Commercial
Fire Circle

You’ve seen Jeff McBride featured on A&E’s Mindfreak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and VH-1’s Celebracadabra. Now you can see Jeff in action performing his magic at one of the wildest places in the world, the Burning Man Art Festival.

But this is far more than just a performance video. It is a teaching video, an exploration that searches for the very heart and soul of magic. Here is an inside look into the lifestyle of one of the world’s great magicians and how and why he seeks inspiration. Magic at the Edge offers magic for all skill levels, with commentary from Eugene Burger and Jeff’s wife, Abbi McBride. They share their philosophies and techniques on performance. They teach you how you can add more meaning to your existing routines and use your magic to teach powerful lessons. Polish the magic you already perform and experience the wisdom of these masters of the art.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I got the email. I'm on the fence with this set.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Are there any demos to watch? Some of the effects sound interesting.

Matthew Mello
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 14:59, matthewmello wrote:
Are there any demos to watch? Some of the effects sound interesting.

Matthew Mello

This is it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZpAo9CS......pub.com/
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
The demo is also available on L&L's site, on the home page - http://www.llpub.com

Personally I'm looking forward to this set. Looks really different than anything either L&L or McBride have previously released. Looking at the product description, there's a lot of material on these.

I always learn something from McBride. Add in some Eugene Burger and you know you're going to get some quality performances and magic.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
This is my Father's Day present (but I get it when it arrives Smile
immr1drfl
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of immr1drfl
Jeff will be giving a lecture at the Castle hopefully he has some advanced copies of his new dvds.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This isn't going to be a "tricks" DVD set. This is going to be a Master Class with one of the greatest performing and teaching magicians of our time.

I can't keep up with all the fantatstic releases this year. It's like all the producers and inventors got together and said "let's make this the year of the close-up magician".
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Yes, he is a great performer, and a very good teacher..Should be fun watching
these new dvds...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
immr1drfl
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of immr1drfl
I agree Chris lots of stuff just in the last few weeks and according to Tim Trono plenty in the next few weeks. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=90
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have to start selling some things just to keep up.

EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
Having been in many of Jeff's Secret Sessions (really mini Master Classes) over the past 8 years, I am familiar with much of this material. I do some of it on a daily basis. Some of it came out of Burning Man, and some came from Jeff's desire to do some really off the wall close-up magic when warming up the audience for his stage show.

The pieces I do know about are some of the most practical items out there and they really work well with almost any audience. Jeff and Eugene's impromptu, do-it-anywhere version of the Chen Lee Water Suspension breathes new life into this classic and I can tell you it gets great reactions.

But the best part about most of this material is that for the audiences, it looks and feels DIFFERENT from what the typical magicians (read: David Blaine wannabes) are doing.

This set is worth your attention, especially if you do close-up or parlor magic and/or want some great magic you can do seemingly impromptu and even for promo. I do some of this material for bookers and it kills. One the routines I use all the time as a special "Thank you" for the client at the end of the event.

While I haven't seen the DVDs, the material is very strong. You'll get it for the tricks, but you'll keep coming back to it for the advice and theory sessions.
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Eric, I know exactly what you mean. I bought this set immediately. Funny to hear from him that his streamer and banknote is his most performed effect, period.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
But neither of those is listed above on this set? ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 04:55, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I can't keep up with all the fantatstic releases this year. It's like all the producers and inventors got together and said "let's make this the year of the close-up magician".

What are all these other fantastic releases of 2008? I can't think of any, to be honest.

Remind me.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It does seem to be.There is a full list on the L&L website.
It looks like a must have set to me!
I love the helpful advice that Jeff or Eugene share on projects such as these.
If you don't like the metaphysical type presentations that Jeff tends to use-leave
them out and try and put your own slant on them.
The crowd still waiting on the Doc Hilford set won't be happy though!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'll be happy to see the thumb through the ear. I assume this is from Mac King's book and I could never understand the directions on how to do it (of what it looks like).
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
I was there during the filming of much of this series at Burning Man. It should be a fun product.
realorcy
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of realorcy
Be honestly,I think Jeff is much better on stage,his close up is good,but not my cup of tea.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-05-05 06:57, Futureal wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 04:55, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

What are all these other fantastic releases of 2008? I can't think of any, to be honest.

Remind me.

Read Tim Trono's announcement:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=90

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jeff McBride - Magic At The Edge (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL