The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review wanted; draw me a tree (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Has anyone seen this new dvd? It was suppose to come out long ago and many people said how good it will be, but no one seems to have it in stock yet.

anyone?????
S.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here it is: http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=DA1674

I don't know anything about it, however.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Looks Interesting
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
My suggestion, get Timothy Hyde's Secret Notebook
http://www.achieving.com.au/NB1.htm

Timothy has this as his "Pig Test."
His is the original version of this type brought to entertainment.
It is fun, adaptable, engaging, and of course 7 other fantastic bits of his thinking.

Tony Iacoviello
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'm a Licensed Professional Counselor and I know that psychologists and play therapists do drawings with children called "me and a tree" and you have the child draw themselves and a tree together and it's part of understanding there personality...I wonder if there is any "true" psychology to this effect or just cold reading...hmm.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I have had this DVD for a few week, and love it. I am not a cold reader, or a mentalist, but just have fun with it, as Rudy Hunter suggests doing on the DVD. He states over and over that this is not rocket science or brain surgery, but based on some simple principles, and in fact, tells the subjects the same thing. And like Brad Henderson's overriding theme in "The Dance", this technique is meant to be helpful and fun for people. I've done about 10 readings, very short ones, as Rudy suggested, and the subjects were fascinated and seemed to really appreciate them. In addition to drawing a tree, the subject is to sign their name. The tree drawing tells one about their creative side of their brain, while the name reveals the analytical side of the brain. Together, these are said to provide a more accurate reading.
I know many people have a problem with Magic Makers, so I hope this thread doesn't get burdened with it, because the DVD seems very original, and will give me a great way to spend a few minutes getting to know someone.

John
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Steve;
Maybe I can help some here. This was a project that I was going to release for Rudy back in 2000. Unfortunately we kept getting sidetracked and shot a lot of tape but never got it finalized and put out.

Then along came DVD's, We were going to re-shoot everything again, but again it got sidetracked. part of the problem was getting Rudy down here to Pennsylvania and keeping him here long enough for the editing.

Not long ago, the project was sold to Magic Makers and reshot and edited. It was to be released in January of 2007, but again that sidetracking stepped in. It has finally been released. It is very good as John mentions above, and a lot of time and work went into this project. It was not a rush job, and every detail was covered.

Since I had a hand in the project, I do not feel it fair for me to review it, so I will leave that up to others.

While a tree drawing interpretation has been around for some time, it came to light for mentalist in a book titled High Domain by Al Mann. That would be a good resource if you are just starting as well as The Pig Test in Mr. Hyde vol.1.

Draw me a Tree is very complete in itself, and if you are a reader, I would think that you would want to study everything pertaining to your field that you can get your hands on.

O.K. I'll shut up now and let someone else who has watched it do a review.

Thank You John for your comments, I will pass them on to Rudy as he does not visit the Café.

All the Best
Marty
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Marty "Martini" is one the the most INCREDIBLE gaff card makers. Crisp, precision work. And..he's one of the kindest, sweetest guys in magic!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
It sounds similar in concept to Picometry?

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Marty- I just received as a gift your Rainbow Deck DVD (and deck), having already purchased 6 of the Rainbow decks from you directly some months ago. It was great seeing you on the video, and I very much liked your presentations of the effects. They are such good decks, and at the time you offered such a good price, I wanted to make sure I had enough to use for all future routines using different colored backs. Thanks for making the DVD (with Rudy).
Also, since you are passing on comments to Rudy, please let him know that I thought he did a fabulously complete job on the explanation, bit by bit (leaf by leaf?). The topic seemed completely covered, and his demeanor throughout, as well as the demonstrations, were quite helpful to achieve what seems to me to be the proper tone in doing this type of reading.

John
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Guys;
Thanks for the kind comments, they are most appreciated.

John, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the rainbow deck dvd. A lot of time went into that deck of cards. I wanted it to be perfect out of respect for Frank, I know he would have liked it if he were still with us.

I'm happy to hear that you liked Draw Me A Tree, I will pass your comments onto Rudy later this week when we talk.

Just a side note; My youngest son Charles was out this weekend and was doing a couple tree readings. Needless to say he later told me that he got like 11 phone numbers and that he should have learned magic years ago as it is definately a chick magnet????? Ah to be young again, and single.lol

All the Best
Marty
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I would just take being young again, at this point.

John
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
One of the "hats" I wear is as a Jungian oriented clinical psychologist, so the world of symbolism is my main territory. I have a good friend in Zurich who interprets tree drawings for both adults and children, both normal and psychotic. Interpretation of drawings has a long history in psychology, and drawings of trees in particular can yield astonishing diagnostic information about a person. Rudy's technique is psychology-lite, but it also works. I enjoyed the dvd very much.

Robin
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Thanx for the reviews, that is what I like about the Café, ask a question - get an answer. I am glad I asked, grabbed a copy yesterday and it is great.
Thanx
S.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I have the Al Mann book so I may have to check this out. Thanks!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
How old is this DVD? When was it released? It's interesting as it uses some forms of projective psychological test..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I have to retract some of what I've said here.

I was WRONG!

Draw Me A Tree is a fantastic DVD for giving one-on-one light and short personality readings of a pop psychology type framework. No, it is not new, but the way it is presented is fresh and interesting.

As a reader and one who presnts readings daily, I enjoyed Rudy Hunter's work, organization of the material, and example readings.

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Tony Iacoviello
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Watched it once and it looks good. I have to take some time and watch it when I'm not pressed for time. What I saw I liked.
It's certainly something worth knowing.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Guys;
Thank You for the kind comments on Draw Me A Tree, I will be sure to pass them onto Rudy.
Evolve, this has been in the works for quite some time, but has finally seen the light of day so to speak within the past 60 days. The very first one went to a Café member overseas, as he knew about this way back and has been patiently awaiting its release.
So Thank You all again for the nice comments, they are most appreciated
All the Best
Marty
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
This is a great DVD. I liked it allot. very easy to do too... I didn't expect him to go into such great detail... the dvd is an hour and 50 minutes of tree drawing explanations... its very easy to do too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review wanted; draw me a tree (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL