The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » One in this forum do the west coast Ren Faire circuit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I'm thinking of throwing my hat into "ye olde rynge" next season and am interested in networking with other performers who do the west coast circuit. I'm doing a lot of research about the various faires, and am coming up with a route and a business plan.

I live in San Francisco, and might be interested in carpooling with another performer. More than likely I'll have a station wagon of some sort, so I'll be able to haul stuff.

Really, any information is appreciated, as I've never done this sort of thing before; and I can almost guarantee we will not be cutting each other's throats, as I'll mostly be vending, not performing, per-se...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Hey Gaddy! Thanks for swinging by my show at Golden Gate faire!
The California Ren Faire circuit is IMMENSE - if you sit down with a calendar and a web browser, you can find at least one historically themed event every month of the year.

PM me and I'll toss some resources your way.
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
How far north are you going?
I do this one: http://www.washingtonrenfaire.com/
It is a great faire.
Also NWRF in Tum Tum, outside of Spokane, but that isn't near the coast.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-09-01 17:28, critter wrote:
How far north are you going?
I do this one: http://www.washingtonrenfaire.com/
It is a great faire.

Unfortunately that fair is no more. They had permitting problems (i.e. the owner didn't apply for the right ones) and the state was forced to put a (up to six year moratorium) on the land after they removed timber without a permit.
They are going to try to run it next year but unless they can get the moratorium lifted. the land rezoned and the proper permits granted it doesn't look good.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
They have promised to come back for 2009.
I sent in my application today. Sadly I had to miss it last year and then they had the issues this year.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
hypnodoc
View Profile
New user
WA
64 Posts

Profile of hypnodoc
Gig Harbor will be running next year as planned. The issue was with the Zoning change that happened in that county they will meet all requirements for the 09 season. All 08 tickets pre sold will be honored in 09 or refunded upon request.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » One in this forum do the west coast Ren Faire circuit? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL