The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Table - R.A.R. Magic, England (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4973 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This table looks funny. If yo have it, what yo think about this prop?

"The comedy table has been hand made to perfection. Solid steel springs allow the table to bend and twist out of shape causing whatever is on the table to fall. A great comedy addition to your act."

Cause mayhem with this fantastic collapsing table!

http://www.rarmagic.com/
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2579 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I think this is one of those props that you have to have in your hands to see what is and is not possible.

I bought this table (along with a few others) for a spoon bending routine where everything ended up bending except for the spoon. It turned out that I couldn't use this table in that routine as I couldn't find a successful way to rig it, or alter it, to bend in the the specific way I needed it to. ie gradually and slowly.

However the illustration in your post gives a good idea of what it's all about when being used.... and if you are the type of performer that can pull off heavy-duty, physical, slap-stick type of comedy in an understated manner this might be right up your street. I say understated because I believe this kind of very obvious comedy prop is funniest when completely underplayed rather than mugged to death like maybe a circus clown might do.

I also bought a table (again from RAR I believe) that was quite ridged and fuctioned as a side table but was constructed along the lines of a breakaway wand. At anytime you wanted the table could be made to 'lose the will to stand'. (that's the best way I can think of putting it) Like the other table the collapsing has to be done as a hands-on affair and requires thoughtful routining and carefully measured acting. And although I never used either table in my act I can remember, many years ago, seeing Roy Roth use this table very effectively on stage.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
It looks like a lot of comedy potential here.

Neal: Loved your idea with everything bending but the spoon!
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2579 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Mats, Did you end up getting the table?

If so what were/are your thoughts?

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Table - R.A.R. Magic, England (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL