The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » $1,000,000 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of iugefu
If you all wanted to do a GENUINE $1,000,000 bill switch...you can!
Go to your foreign exchange and simply get some of these bills...they are genuine as I said...from Zimbabwe!...where inflation runs at 16,000 %, not kiddin'.
The million dollar note will set you back about $0.20 so can be given away. Have fun.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
That's an interesting idea...Thanks!

Mark. Smile

PS - Welcome to the Café!
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
That's a great idea.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2504 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I've been using Turkish money for awhile - same thing.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Haha That's smart....
dragee
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dragee
If I get a few of those, maybe I can become a billionaire.
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Believe it or not, folks, there is now a $1,000,000,000 (1 Billion Dollar) note in Zimbabwean circulation!!!!! Hyper-inflation coupled with political thug.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 12:45, iugefu wrote:
If you all wanted to do a GENUINE $1,000,000 bill switch...you can!
Go to your foreign exchange and simply get some of these bills...they are genuine as I said...from Zimbabwe!...where inflation runs at 16,000 %, not kiddin'.
The million dollar note will set you back about $0.20 so can be given away. Have fun.

Is it the same size as US bills?
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
No, it's bigger. You have to be careful where you do this, and what reactions you are looking for.

I have performed this effect a few times after I was booked for a charity auction concerning the violence in South Africa. It was a piece tailored to highlight the atrocities in Zimbabwe. When you perform this for people, they do not talk about the amazing change you just performed. It immediately drags the conversation towards Zimbabwe. Great at a charity auction, not so good if you are trying to set a lighthearted mood in your restaurant job. Do be careful where you do this, and please be aware how sensitive people can be about the issue.

On a side note, there's is actually a 50 billion note and soon to be a 100 billion dollar bill. This is the equivalent to approximately $4000.
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of iugefu
The 100 billion dollar note is now a reality.
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
The 250 million dollar note, courtesy of Wikipedia:

Act quickly: apparently the government is soon to lop three to six zeroes off of the currency.
Emerys
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Emerys
I can see some great uses for these. Thanks for the tip.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own.",
Emerys Merlin (online name)
Aim: magicianmw
Yahoo: theagelesswizard@yahoo.com
MSN: houdini@hvc.rr.com
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Everybody like bills!

Paulo
reubend
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of reubend
I just picked up a stack of ten Zimbabwean million dollar bills for something like 15 bucks. This was an extraordinary idea! Thanks. If you wanted to, you could grab lesser bills and even use them as 'give-outs' in your shows. Thanks, iugefu!
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Do we really consider this a sensitive, appropriate trick?
DreadPirate_AJ
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of DreadPirate_AJ
I think its totally unnecessary. Only magicians know what the move is called, so it's more for your own enjoyment than the spectator's. And unless you develop really good scripting, I'm not sure why you would want to use Zimbabwean money over anther currency on account of their situation. Plus, you never know how someone will react to it, no matter what the script.
weird is part of the job
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
As one who thinks "political correctness" has run wild and the idea of not doing something for fear of offending someone has reached beyond the ridiculous stage, I say thank you for the idea of using these large denomination bills that can be gotten for cheap. I love it!

Mark. Smile
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I don't think you really quite understand the issue, Mark. I agree Political Correctness has gone mad, but this occurs as people take offence on others behalf on something that really should not be considered sensitive.

However, Zimbabwe is a political hot potato, and it is sensitive. I HAVE PERFORMED THIS EFFECT. You will not get the reaction I believe you are searching for. People are going to discuss the Bill, then Zimbabwe, and it will create a heavy atmosphere among the politically aware in your audience, as they will simply wish to discuss it. They may not be offended, but your job may be made harder. And people still have a tendency to get offended on other people's behalf, and when you run into these people you may find trouble.

Wait a few months, and this problem will hopefully solve itself.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Smile

Mark.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If I found someone in the U.S. that could find Zimbabwe on a map, let alone know what it is and what's going on there, I'd fall off my chair.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » $1,000,000 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL