The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Card Guard !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
How useful is card guard and is card guard that efficient for a card worker ?

Devo forum have dicuss some fantastic Card Guard.

Just wanna hear what you guys think of card guard and to the above question..

And

If you guys have any wonderful card guard product or better technique of working out cards please post here to share with The Magic Café's member...

Thanks for viewing.

Symmatrix

Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
I think the card guard is very useful for a walk around performer, for the obvious reason of keeping the cards from becoming warped. Other than that, it also adds some professionalism into your act, showing that you may be someone worth watching. If you don't feel these are important to you, then this product is not for you.
Madmonk
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Madmonk
I use mine all the time. It saves my card boxes from being beaten up in my pocket. I would recommend it for anyone who works with cards. Also Bob Kohler's website offers the Porper Card Clip. I don't know if it works any better, but it is more expensive. Smile
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
I have ordered a card guard, and will give you my take on it as soon as it arrives.
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Symmatrix,

I too use a card guard all the time. Although they do keep the cards nice and flat, the main reason I use it is to keep my card box nice while walking around. Before I had my card guard, my box would be ruined within a day or two while the cards were still good to use. I would highly recommend and least one if not two. I like to keep spare decks in one to keep the cards from warping when not in use. Also, as cheezycool mentioned, they look very professional. When I pull my cards out of a steel guard, people seem to notice me more and have more respect for my performance. Plus, a card guard can double as a weapon when the cards are removed... you never know. I hope this helps.
Daniel M. Carrico
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1017 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I have a Porper Clip and it has proven very practical for preventing warping in the cards, especially if you do Faro shuffles like I do.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I use a simple ($8) card guard too. Nothing special for the specs - a card guard, same as a business card case, isn't it? If you like, have an ace of spades or so engraved, that's cool!
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Keeps the cards crisp, packaging in good shape and gets some strange looks when you pull it out. Whenever I am "strolling" with cards I use one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Card Guard !!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL