The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review of Bob Sheets Does Hospitality Volumes 1-3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think there are some real GEMS on this set ( I know, I use them ).

Wayne, I'm really looking forward to the Reel Magic issue with Bob talking about Heba.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I watched the Stevens Greater magic Bar Magic DVD that Bob is on he performs GOTCHA, that was on the Hospitality set..

Everyone is laughing through the routine and are quite surprised at the ending.

I'm telling you, this routine kills. If you have the dvd, try it. People eat this routine up.

On the Stevens dvd Bob alters the performance slightly, but I think it's funnier.

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
He left out one sneaky detail from gotcha in the explanation. His deck is Str---er as well for instant reset between the tables. He showed it on his lecture. I actually did it around 8-10 times today on close-up gig and it killed every time. Same with his 2 copper/1Silver (finally got my set) handling from the same dvd.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Considering the amount of illegal downloads this has received on the torrent sites, I'd say this was a very popular set of DVD's.

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2009-01-04 14:33, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Considering the amount of illegal downloads this has received on the torrent sites, I'd say this was a very popular set of DVD's.

I am pretty sure Sheets tossed the number just out of his head in the Reel Magic. 12 000 Illegal downloads on this serie... Maybe erase 00 from the end and add few more tens and we might be nearer the truth... 200-300 at most inside internet would be my top guess... don't get me wrong, that is still A LOT, but 12 000... That is hell a lot of magicians.

Cant say however the amount of times someone has copied one from a friend or from Magic club libaries. Although I have only heard of Magic Castle libary, but I guess they could be more common in the United States than they are in the Europe.

J-M
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 04:57, JayF wrote:
[...]
I'm actually quite "cool" with Tourette's oriented humor. In fact, I use a humorous line myself when performing that refers to having Tourette's. However, I only use the line when people already know I have Tourette's.

[/i]

Interestingly enough, I occasionally use an original gag that is only funny because I don't have Tourette's:

"My doctor claims I've got Tourette's Syndrome, but I don't think he right... !@#$%^! !@#$%^&!"

TW
(PS: Only in a adult crowd, predetermined to be able to handle very harsh language - that's right, I'll work blue.)
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-09-17 10:16, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Anyone else using any of the Sheets material?

I started using Marked all the time, once I improved it.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Care to share your improvement? ;-)

Robert
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I would guess the improvement is either R****H and S****h or Double S****d T**e =) that's what I did with it to be little more free with the handling.

J-M
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2009-01-06 11:46, Robert M wrote:
Care to share your improvement? ;-)

Robert

I already shared it with Bob Kohler, and I would think it will be available on his website at some point or another.

TW
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Sounds good. Thanks, Thomas.

Robert
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1352 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I just bought this NEW from my favorite dealer.

I did not read this thread yet, but just the beginning of the first review here, as I want to be surprised and draw my own conclusions.

I'll go back and read this entire thread once I watch them.
I can't wait.
I love this kind of magic.

ACE
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
ACE,

Bob's Copper Silver Brass routine is the best one available (in my opinion). I met Bob and we spoke about the problems with most of these routines, and his solution fixes it. Hope you enjoy, he is great. And you may want to consider the DVD Grab that Pinheads, it is Garrett and Sheets work on the linking safety pins. Bob's routine is spectacular.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1352 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I got the pinhead dvd. Garrett came to our city to lecture.
I have not watched it yet, but I saw Dan perform it live, and I have it for my reference.
thanks
ACE

p.s. I was bored and just went back and read this thread, hahaha.
If anyone works magic for a living, you know you will get audiences of 3 or 4 quiet people at a time. As I work a room with no tables, I mainly work for 3 or 4 people standing in a group. I am used to getting every type of reaction imaginable.
Doing it like that on an instructional video, to me, makes it more like real life.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1352 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I got them in the mail today, I will start to watch #1 later tonight or tomorrow.

ACE
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1352 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Just watched them, they are good. It is BOB. Now wether Bobs material fits my character is a different thing, but it was definitely BOB. Good stuff.

For those looking for bunnies, this is the closest I could find:

http://store.ammarmagic.com/3d-sponge-rabbit.html

ACE
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The set Bob uses comes from this man:

Eddie Ace (412) 462-1557
3603 West Run Road
Munhall, PA 15120

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review of Bob Sheets Does Hospitality Volumes 1-3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL